cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Device limit too restrictive.

i wouldnt mind if you could see the devices on your account, for 3 days the device Management is a spinning wheel of nothing!!

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@tc66 wrote:

i wouldnt mind if you could see the devices on your account, for 3 days the device Management is a spinning wheel of nothing!!

How odd @tc66,

I can access the 'Manage Devices' area of 'My Account' just fine. What device are you using to access your 'Manage Devices' area? And who's your ISP?

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: ANy plans to change the moronic 4 device limit?

That, I can manage. We are not away at the same time.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Anyway, if NOWTV enforce a two concurrent streams limit anyway, what is the point of, or justification for, such a low device limit. I'm almost out of prepaid NOWTV time but if they have no plans of changing this I'm going back to NetFlix. At least I can have up to six devices with them.

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Scog I think you will find whilst you can have 6 device, you can only have 1,2 or 4 streams depending on plan. https://www.netflix.com/gb/ every plan except the 1 stream option is more expensive than on here. That being said, Netflix's original content has some good programs. I have it in addition to this. I personally don't see it as a rival but as a way of getting more content.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I agree with @Scog the limitation of 4 devices is pathetic, I have Now TV boxes in Livingroom, 2 bedrooms and Kitchen and thats the limit so i can't watch in my Study or on any mobile devices.

I'm currently on a 6 month pass and i won't be re-subscribing when it ends as i'll stick with Netflix and Amazon Prime if Now TV can't sort their device limit out !!!

Highlighted
Champion 2

@carlos6868 @Scog @4268

Hi Carlos

I'm guessing that you would like a tiered system, as explained by @4268 and agreed with by @Scog, is something you would like to see, i.e. the more devices above four you have, the more streams you can use simultaneously and the more you pay.

As for me, as long as the four devices, two stream system is not affected by the additions both you and @Scog are calling for then I too would be aboard with supporting your suggestion.

An example would be something like this:

4 Devices - 2 Simultaneous streams - Prices unchanged

6 Devices - 3 Simultaneous streams - Prices go up by 66%

8 Devices - 4 Simultaneous streams - Prices go up by 100%

My guesstimate above reflects the extra admin charges that would be generated by the scheme

However, it may be easier for both you and @Scog to open a second account, that would make your in-home admin a bit more difficult but it would immediately solve your device deficit.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

No that isn't really what i want at all, as my post explains i would just like to be able to use more devices nothing to do with watching more streams at a time (there are only two people in the house)

Highlighted
Champion 2

@carlos6868

Hi again Carlos

Sorry, I misunderstood your post, because when you said, "I agree with @Scog the limitation of 4 devices...", I assumed you also wanted more streams.

I'm guessing here, but for NowTV to administer more than four devices without increasing the number of simultaneous streams would also involve amending/updating their current admin computer programme.  That would cost NowTV a significant amount, an amount that would have to be passed on to their customers.

In other words Carlos, would you be willing to pay extra to have more than 4 devices available but no extra streaming capability?

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Advocate

I have too say I am very disappointed that now tv can't change the device limit like all there competitors. I am currently running Netflix and now tv and would prefer to have one common instance but due to your restrictions it is impossible. Maybe I should unsubscribe. Please change this