cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User I think you will find whilst you can have 6 device, you can only have 1,2 or 4 streams depending on plan. https://www.netflix.com/gb/ every plan except the 1 stream option is more expensive than on here. That being said, Netflix's original content has some good programs. I have it in addition to this. I personally don't see it as a rival but as a way of getting more content.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with @Anonymous User the limitation of 4 devices is pathetic, I have Now TV boxes in Livingroom, 2 bedrooms and Kitchen and thats the limit so i can't watch in my Study or on any mobile devices.

I'm currently on a 6 month pass and i won't be re-subscribing when it ends as i'll stick with Netflix and Amazon Prime if Now TV can't sort their device limit out !!!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @4268

Hi Carlos

I'm guessing that you would like a tiered system, as explained by @4268 and agreed with by @Anonymous User, is something you would like to see, i.e. the more devices above four you have, the more streams you can use simultaneously and the more you pay.

As for me, as long as the four devices, two stream system is not affected by the additions both you and @Anonymous User are calling for then I too would be aboard with supporting your suggestion.

An example would be something like this:

4 Devices - 2 Simultaneous streams - Prices unchanged

6 Devices - 3 Simultaneous streams - Prices go up by 66%

8 Devices - 4 Simultaneous streams - Prices go up by 100%

My guesstimate above reflects the extra admin charges that would be generated by the scheme

However, it may be easier for both you and @Anonymous User to open a second account, that would make your in-home admin a bit more difficult but it would immediately solve your device deficit.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No that isn't really what i want at all, as my post explains i would just like to be able to use more devices nothing to do with watching more streams at a time (there are only two people in the house)

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Carlos

Sorry, I misunderstood your post, because when you said, "I agree with @Scog the limitation of 4 devices...", I assumed you also wanted more streams.

I'm guessing here, but for NowTV to administer more than four devices without increasing the number of simultaneous streams would also involve amending/updating their current admin computer programme.  That would cost NowTV a significant amount, an amount that would have to be passed on to their customers.

In other words Carlos, would you be willing to pay extra to have more than 4 devices available but no extra streaming capability?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have too say I am very disappointed that now tv can't change the device limit like all there competitors. I am currently running Netflix and now tv and would prefer to have one common instance but due to your restrictions it is impossible. Maybe I should unsubscribe. Please change this
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to agree with all thats been said..

I have a family of 2 adults 3 boys..

so with each room consisting of Living Room, 4 x Bedrooms, and My Mrs Uses the Spare Room as crafting room.

that equates to 6 TV's that potentailly we use Now TV on.

Now add to that the Kids like to use there iPads and maybe myself or the Mrs will on our Mobiles.

that then equates to potentially, 3 x Tablets and 2 x Mobiles

That means in my house alone, that there is at least 11 Devices we potentially will watch Now TV on, not concurently but as we move about the home, or out side of the home with our mobile devices.

this does not take into account, the consoles we own, any macbook or laptops. so realistically I could say i have 20+ devices in my house I can potentially register to Now TV.

As it stands right now, we cannot even register all of these deivces! and to swap them around involves waiting months, its the most arkward and un consumer practice ive ever come across.

as a Large family its pretty normal to expect 3-4 family members wanting to use the services at once..

This is why on Netflix we pay for the top package of 4K with unlimited registered devices and 4 streams.

It baffles me that you cannot even offer 1080p streams never mind the problems i mention above..

NOW TV really needs to allow unlimited registrations and offer an option for an additional (and resonable) cost.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I also find this an issue, when using chrome cast I loos a divice as my phone controlling the chrome cast must be one of the four divices and the chrome cast as well that two divises use up just for one tv. Dont have this issue with Netflix or Amazon.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User the phone or tablet controlling the Chromecast doesn't have to be a device if you cast before playing content.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
NOW TV, I have literally just joined and found out about this rule. The streaming limit makes sense but why limit devices?

Between me and my partner we have 2 x iPhones, 2 x iPads, 2 x Laptops, 3 x Apple TVs, an Xbox and a main PC. You're also going to send us a NOW TV Smart box. That's 12 devices.

I'm guessing you have this rule in place to stop different households or friends/family sharing a subscription, that's fair enough but I've thought of a solution; why not limit streaming via wifi to one IP address and then allow 2 x Mobile devices. Still only allow 2 streams at once, I'd even be happy with 1 stream if you allowed more than 4 devices to be connected.

Imagine paying monthly for electricity but only being able to use 4 registered deivices in your household, or only being able to call 4 people from your monthly phone contract. It's stupid.

I'm probably going to cancel during my cooling off period because of this stupid rule.