cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a dealbreaker for our family. Four devices is restrcitive, but especially when Chromecast is counted as a device. The thing is, in the context of NowTV, Chromecast performs little more than the equivalent role of a cable. NowTV are failing to recognise how their platform is used by families.

I understand this has to do with rights agreements. NowTV need to go back to their providers and renegotiate, or I suspect i won't be the only customer abandoning the platform.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  whilst Chromecast does count as a device, the device to control it doesn't have to count.  You will need to be signed in on the app on the device you are casting from, however until you play content it does not count as a device.  You cast first then play content.  I know this works as I have the Now app on a 5th device which I have used to play Now via my Chromecast, this device doesn't show in my devices.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is clearly a lie.  And if not, whoever negotiated the 'Rights' agreements needs to hire one of those decent chaps working over in Netflix as they seem to have got a better deal.

And of course it is inconvenient and entirely unrealistic with the volume of devices people use to access apps these days.  

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

The device restriction is what it is @Anonymous User.

Sufficed to say, the likes of Netflix, Amazon Video and others DO NOT offer 'live streaming' of Cinema, Entertainment and Sports channels - which is a mandatory requirement of the NOW TV service.

This is most probably one of the reasons why the 'rights agreements' are different to any of the other (non live) streaming services!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your view.  I would say that Netflix streaming is very similar to that of Sky's entertainment and Cinema package which aren't all 'live', in that they stream movies and television. I agree that they don't stream 'live' sports but BT Sport which I registered for today does.  

Their policy is "A valid BT Sport subscription and BT ID are needed to access the BT Sport app. Mobile network and wifi charges may apply. It is possible to install and access the app on as many devices as you like, but users are restricted to two concurrent video streams per BT ID."

Restricting how many concurrent streams is perfectly reasonable and should protect from abuse.  The device restriction is probably more a company policy and the only reason I've fed back on that forum is the hope that someone at Sky might look at the volume of feedback on this and re-think the policy or re-negotiate the rights issue.

That's my view and I doubt I'll stick with Now TV once my Sports subscription runs out.  This, along with the fact that they don't have subtitles and it doesn't bookmark where you're up to on TV series means the service for me isn't worth the money.  Perhaps I'll come back at some point in the future as things are always changing.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for your view.  I would say that Netflix streaming is very similar to that of Sky's entertainment and Cinema package which aren't all 'live', in that they stream movies and television.

If/when NOW TV's competitors offer 'live' streaming (which will never happen), then and only then can anyone compare the streaming services on an even field of play. Until that day, this is a pointless 'apples and oranges' argument!

If anyone does not like the current device limit restriction their choice is clear. Move to another streaming service provider and take your moans with you!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for your view.  I would say that Netflix streaming is very similar to that of Sky's entertainment and Cinema package which aren't all 'live', in that they stream movies and television.

If/when NOW TV's competitors offer 'live' streaming (which will never happen), then and only then can anyone compare the streaming services on an even field of play. Until that day, this is a pointless 'apples and oranges' argument!

If anyone does not like the current device limit restriction their choice is clear. Move to another streaming service provider and take your moans with you!

What a stupid argument.

I would gladly have live streaming removed if it means the removal of the device limit.

Actually I hate live streaming anyway. The reason I cancelled my main Sky subscription was because I hate paying all that money to have programs interrupted by adverts every 10 minutes.

They should ditch the live streaming for entertainment and movies if thats their reason for these restrictions

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

What a stupid argument.

I would gladly have live streaming removed if it means the removal of the device limit.

From what I understand, 'live streaming' can't be removed from the NOW TV service. It's a condition laid down by Ofcom, the regulator.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i wouldnt mind if you could see the devices on your account, for 3 days the device Management is a spinning wheel of nothing!!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

i wouldnt mind if you could see the devices on your account, for 3 days the device Management is a spinning wheel of nothing!!

How odd @Anonymous User,

I can access the 'Manage Devices' area of 'My Account' just fine. What device are you using to access your 'Manage Devices' area? And who's your ISP?

Cheers