cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

the device limit is idiotic.  I have ranted on about this many times.  2 kids with tablet, pc & tv each, my computer, tablet & TV, plus game consoles and we are at a lot of devices, not to mention smart phones.

here is an email response from 06/05/2015

A long time to work on something and still fail....

Ref: 00829887

Thank you for contacting us.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with the device limit at NOW TV.

I understand your concern, I agree that there should be no limit to add the device on your an account.

But to provide better picture and streaming quality we have kept device limit on the account.

As you stream the NOW TV content on too many device you might get buffering issue or picture quality will be low.

As we have received any feedback from the customer to increase the limit of the device from 4 to 8.

Our team is working on to increase the limit from 4 to 8 and it will be update at the earliest and we'll inform you at the same.

How does a device limit effect streaming quality?

Makes no sense. Even if you had a device limit of 100 devices you would still only be alowed two simultaneous streams.

Come on Sky. Increase the device limit or I will be cancelling. Sick of having to delete devices just to watch on another.

Recently had to delete a Roku device just to watch on a playstation. Last month I had to delete the playstion just to watch on a laptop.

This is getting annoying now. Netflix and Amazon do not have device restrictions . They just limit streams. That's all Sky have to do.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I've posted the reasons why we have a device limit on this post here.

Hope this clarifies few things.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

I've posted the reasons why we have a device limit on this post here.

Hope this clarifies few things.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

No it doesn't clarify anything.

You restrict us to two simultaneous streams which is fair enough and I have no problem with that.

The device limit though makes no sense whatsoever. It's there to try to force us to get a second subscription.

You cannot stream on all 4 devices at the same time anyway which renders the whole device limit pointless.

Netflix do not restrict devices. They just restrict simultaneous streams.

Amazon do not restrict devices. They too only restrict streams.

It's the 21st century. The average household has more than 4 devices capable of streaming Nowtv.

Your restrictions are simply annoying and it's pretty obvious they only exist to try to force us to get a second subscription which I will never do.

In fact if the device limit isn't raised to at least 8 soon I will be cancelling.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is totally annoying. I removed a device called 'iPhone' today so I could watch A movie on the pc with my son. I now cannot watch films on my usual device 'iPad' due to restrictions. Although you say, "no problem, you can add it on the 1st of the month" well that's 24 days away and I want to watch a movie now! There's no point in having the subscription. What a waste of time and money. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV can you please explain something to me, I have just moved house and and purchased a new laptop and nowtv box as opposed to streaming through my phone and previous desktop pc and both my wife and my tablets. As a result I have had to deregister a device to register my new laptop however upon trying to do the same for my new NOWTV box I was informed I would unable to register a new device until 1st April... nearly 1 months time. As I have just bought and activated a two month movie pass can you explain how you can justify resticting me from using this on a single NOWTV device in my living room?! This is utterly obsurd, there is no explaination for this or justification regarding streaming quality etc. I demand that you reset my limit or refund me the cost of the movie pass as it is now redered utterly useless. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

The reason we have device limit is quite simple really. We have to adhere to those limits to get great content for our customers. If we would like to change the limit, it would possibly mean our subscription prices will go up or even that we can't get those amazing films at all.

I'll email you in regards to your device limit. Keep an eye on your inbox.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting on our Forum!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your devices there 😞

I've just sent you an email so we can get this sorted out for you as soon as possible. If you reply to that email we can move on from there.

Thanks,

Ryan

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The question asked was not about managing devices it was about the fact that Now TV unlike Netflix and Amazon have this ridiculous set up of only being able to register 4 devices. We have Netflix and can register god knows how many devices but can only stream on 2 at any time (so no buffering issues), this is the same with Amazon Prime. Most households these days can probabaly count up to 8 and beyond the devices that they have to stream media on. I suspect the real reason why Now TV will not change this is that if households can register unlimited devices there will be a slow march away from Sky and towards Now TV and at £20 a month for basic Sky package without movies and only £16.98 for both Entertainment (all be it only 11 of the most popular channels which is fine for us) and Movies on Now TV it doesn't take a genious to realise that unlimited device registration will not arrive very soon. As a final note we have 2 Now TV accounts 1 for Entertainment and the other for Movies allowing us 4 streams at any time and have had this for 18months. I recently calculated how much per month this had cost, answer £10.38 per month. What do you reckon the chances are that we will be transferring to Sky in the future ???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is bewildering.

You can delete devices, but you've got to wait until the following month, before you can add other devices? What a crock of s*.

NetFlix has a far superior system. Please follow Netflix's example.

This strange and unhelpful policy caused me to cancel my subscription today.

I won't be back.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I fail to see what difference how many devices that are registered can make any difference to Sky, I can understand only having two playing at anyone time.