cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

duplicated payments taken - only ONE refund now tv policy

hello,

I have had 3 duplicated payments on my card...so far, I made contact through chat and I was given a refund for one payment.

I contacted again to complain and I was told it is NOW TV policy not to issue any more refunds.

Totally out of order, for 2 months I have paid £13.98 a month for one service which should cost £6.99.

Surely this is covered by unfair contract terms for consumers?

Has anyone else had this problem, any advice please?

Thankyou

4 REPLIES 4
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The most probable reason why this is happening is because you've somehow created more than one NOW TV account registered to the same debit/credit card. Which happens quite a lot!

Another reason for seeing a £6.99 charge could be that somebody has purchased a 'day' Sky Sports pass (which also happens quite a lot). All of which will be listed in your NOW TV account, under 'View my bills'.

If you get really stuck I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or via 'Email' and explain your situation to them.... Again!

The easiest way of accessing 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did have more than one account.

One account was closed by one of the guys I contacted via live chat, he issued one refund of £6.99, this is good, but he stated that he could only issue one of those duplicated payments. He suggested that I make a complaint about the other two payments not refunded.

I did make a complaint and the response was "we will not be able to process all the refunds as per NOW TV policy"

The reason I posted on here was to find out if anyone else had had a similar experience, but I thank you for your advice.

I will keep contacting via live chat to try and work out why I am being told that only one refund is ok

Thanks

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  how many duplicate accounts did you have 1 or 2 in addition to your main account.  If you just had one then the second payment may not be a duplicate.  Did you for example use it to watch a sports event?.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

we had a bit of confusion when we first signed up last year, that was all resolved. originally the monthly payment was £5.99 which increased to £6.99 per month. Then in November, the box just swiched itself off, like a reset.

My other half was trying to sign up for the sky movies package and created another account!

monthly payments went £6.99 + £9.99 plus an additional £6.99 since November. I only discovered this last week

We don't watch sport so it wasn't a day pass.

Thanks for your reply