cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockmatt
Expert 2

box names

SORT OUT RENAMING MY DEVICES,AS EVERY TIME I RENAME THEM THEY DONT SHOW WHAT ARE ASSIGNED THEM AS???????????

19 REPLIES 19
lockmatt
Expert 2

STILL NOT SORTED AS THE RENAMING OF BOXES ARE NOT THE SAME AS I NAMED THEM??????? IVE RENAMED 3 BOXES  RECENTLY 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @lockmatt

This is also happening to me, where I have reported it a few times to the NowTV Team.

Where I keep losing my preferred naming of my devices under Manage My Devices where they keep changing back to their default names.

Only my NowTV smart box and standard black NowTV box are effected in my device list.

My Apple TV and Roku Stick Plus haven't reverted back to their default names and seem fine with the names I have given them.

lockmatt
Expert 2

@schnapps its happening with my smart box and the two black boxes,i did put a post up quite a while back also about this issue

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @lockmatt

At the moment reading the forum it seems only you and me are effected to date or maybe other customers haven't noticed it yet or have more important things that they need resolving first and this is a low priority for them ?

I have chatted to a few people who have nowtv and they don't seem to be effected by the re naming of their devices (so until I seen your post today, I thought it was only me where i must have some problem my end with my PC or something else wrong in my setup). 

There was an issue back last summer when Roku were undertaking some planned maintenance their end which effected the device re naming under Manage Devices, but this was fixed months ago by Roku.

Hopefully, the NowTV Tech Team can investigate this on our behalf at sometime, but unless more customers come forward with the same issues, then I am guessing we might be low priority unfortunately (might be wrong though). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, I am interested of what names are you thinking of? so that I can get an idea of the names, that I could put for my NOW TV BOX!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous Userwrote:

Hi there, I am interested of what names are you thinking of? so that I can get an idea of the names, that I could put for my NOW TV BOX!

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are curious, these are the names that I use under Manage Devies taken from the Teletubbies TV Programme that are also coloured coded so I know which device is which Smiley Very Happy

Laa-Laa, Dipsy, Po, and Tinky-Winky

Otherwise I get really confused when all my devices have the same default name I.e. "They are called NowTV Box" Smiley Mad

teletubbies.png

What names are you thinking of calling your devices ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have named my devices: TORCHWOOD, S.H.E.I.L.D. and AIRHAWK! I put AIRWOLF and STREET HAWK, together, to become AIRHAWK! Then when I get another device, I will call it STREET-WOLF!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I was just pulling your leg about my device names, where I just use boring names that i would guess that most people would use like Living Room, Kitchen, Bedroom, Kids Bedroom etc etc.

Anyway, it's nice to see someone with a bit of imagination when naming their devices Smiley Happy 

PS ~ How about asking in the ideas section which Andy setup on the forum, if we can have an option to add a photo thumbnail next to each device name Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having photo's, if the next thing on my list to things, that would be a great idea, it would make it eaier for people to see what the device it, you could also have information, about that device and what it is for and what it does!