cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

audio keeps cutting out - new black now tv box

Hi, can anyone help. Bought the new now tv box, set up, all workingfine apart from the audio sometimes cuts out on playback. No issues with picture. Have reset the box and checked my connections. Is the box faulty? Should i take it back? Regards sk
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User what are you watching when it happens? It might be the file itself at fault. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interesting point - watching on demand now tv, from sky lliving, atlantic, encore, iplayer and 4od - happens on anything i watch through the box. The last time the audio cut out, i went back and rewound to the same point and it doesnt do it a second time, so no its not the play back file - still seems like the box... Any ideas?? Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Out of interest...

How is your device connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless ethernet connection?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wireless connection, Virgin Media..had the same connection for my old white nowtv box - with no sound issues..
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

WiFi  device connections are notoriously inconsistent. Even though your new 'black' box might be positioned in the same location as your old 'white' box does not necessarily mean you'll obtain the same signal quality!

Personally I'm not a big fan of WiFi, especially to devices that can play video. 

Anyway, now that we've established what method of ethernet connection you are using, I'm sure other people will be able to help you...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Just incase you didn't get notified, I've replied to the post you made here.

We can continue that over there or here whichever you prefer 🙂

Ryan

NOW TV Team