cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would I be eligible for promotions?

Hi,

I have cancelled my NOWTV entertainment pass last week. However, now I want to re-subscribe to the NOWTV entertainment pass because of it's £1 promotion. Is there any cool off period which I need to be disconnected for, in order to be eligible to subscribe to the new promotions being offered? namely the £1 Entertainment pass? OR will I never ever be eligible again for any new promotions, since I was already a NOWTV subscriber earlier?

#help

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have cancelled my NOWTV entertainment pass last week. However, now I want to re-subscribe to the NOWTV entertainment pass because of it's £1 promotion. Is there any cool off period which I need to be disconnected for...

I think I can say with confidence that (after being away for just 1 week) it's way too soon for you to be classed as a new subscriber @Anonymous User... 

The time limit as to when former customers are classed as new customers is purely down to the discression of the service provider. As far as I'm aware there's nothing in consumer law that covers this area.

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately this is an introductory offer for new customers.

There is ways around this, but existing customers who go down this route with multiple username accounts sometimes get their knickers in a twist and then come on here posting why have i been billed twice or with some similar issues which was caused by having more than one NowTV account.

One of my biggest gripes in life is why don't more compaines reward existing loyal long term customers more, rather than just offering these attractive promotions to new customers only.

Anyway, moan over and back to planet earth.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

There is ways around this, but existing customers who go down this route with multiple username accounts sometimes get their knickers in a twist and then come on here posting why have i been billed twice or with some similar issues which was caused by having more than one NowTV account.

From what I understand over the last few months the NOW TV billing system has implemented new measures to prevent people from creating multiple accounts for the sole purpose of claiming multiple free-trial periods and promotional offers. And their 'Terms and Conditions' have been updated too!

So my advice to anyone is... Don't do it...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a bit of a crap system. Companies are more interested in customer acquisition rather than customer retention. They should realise that customer retention is also a huge source of revenue for the company as we also help in spreading the word. Anyways, guess I won't be enticed any time soon to re-join NOWTV.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

I have exclusively been using NOW TV voucher code passes since I started the NOW TV service and I have never paid the full monthly price for either their 'Cinema' or 'Entertainment' service...

There are regular 'bundle' offers from the likes of, Argos, Currys, Tesco, Amazon etc. Most of which are posted on the forum 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @SeeMoreDigital,

Will head to Argos and get the 3 month voucher.. 🙂

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User try cancelling you may receive an even better offer than the voucher. The last offer I received was £3.99 a month for 4 months for movies. 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

From what I understand over the last few months the NOW TV billing system has implemented new measures to prevent people from creating multiple accounts for the sole purpose of claiming multiple free-trial periods and promotional offers. And their 'Terms and Conditions' have been updated too!

So my advice to anyone is... Don't do it...

I already use separate accounts for Sports and Entertainment/Movies as it is more practical from my Dad and me to watch Sports without impacting anyone.   There is no Sports trial, so that isn't an issue, but I am considering using separate accounts for Entertainment and Movies to side step the concurrent users issue.  WIth six of us in the house with various devices, it doesn't take too much to have a third stream requested.  As they are separate passes, I may as well make them separate accounts, so I can watch Entertainment if two movie streams are going or a movie if the entertainment is streaming on two devices.

Anyway not sure what Now TV would do about it.  Charge as if it wasn't a trial like Netflix?  That caused me an issue when my son's friend logged into our Tivo prior to me getting a Netflix trial that they charged me for as they detected the same device.   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

OR will I never ever be eligible again for any new promotions, since I was already a NOWTV subscriber earlier?

Not with the NOW TV account you used.  However nothing to stop your Dad/Mum/Granny getting the offer.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Chromecast/Can-I-have-two-now-accounts-at-the-same-address/td-p/365506

That said when I cancelled my entertainment pass I got an offer I couldn't refuse of less then £3 for 2 months.