cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"We are unable to validate your card details. Please check and try again."

I have now been on Live Chat 3 times, emailed twice and still no result. I have been told I have an IRELAND card, because I have a bank of ireland UK VISA DEBIT. I live in Northern Ireland - PART OF THE UK. My card literally has UK visa debit written on it.

Everytime I talk to someone new they tell me the same thing, which is ridicuous as I live in the UK and have a UK card.

Each time I enter in my card details it comes up with the message "We are unable to validate your card details. Please check and try again."

Can anyone help?

261 REPLIES 261
Anonymous User
Not applicable

First time nowtv users and finding this very frustrating and ready to chuck it in the bin.Why is this telling me my card is invalid?

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

Have a read of this page:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Sign-up-1014

If it doesn't help you, click "contact us" at the bottom of the link to speak to a live chat member. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply but none of those aply to me.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I will tag @Tony-D (a staff member) who may be able to help you.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for the reply but none of those aply to me.

How about the following 'Help Centre' article: What payment cards can I use?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem as anyone else. My card details are supposedly invalid. 

I have tried my visa debit card and my visa credit card. tried to current address and pervious address.

I have typed the details in manually and used the 'scan card' feature on iphone. Seems like a serious flaw with the service as it looks like 99.9% of people are having this issue. The worst of it is that I'm only trying to activate a pass I already paid for in the shop. Ridiculous. 

Please help

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

I'd recommend trying to enter the card details on a laptop or desktop if you can. You'll need to use the same address as the billing address on the card. If you still have trouble entering them pop onto live chat and see if they can help.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Change-Payment-Card

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Andy,

I have tried both laptop and mobile. I have tried multiple browsers, multiple cards, tried both my current and previous addresses to account for any irregularities and have also typed the details in excess of 10 times for each card to ensure there are absolutely no errors.

Still no luck. Live chat only asked me to re-do everything I have already done but still with no success. Have had no issues with either card elsewhere and have both accounts in funds.

Also a customer of sky through broadband who had no issue with my payment details so appears to be a problem specific with now tv rather than my details
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that. As I'm only a customer I can't do anything else for you personally. A member of the NOW TV Team should pick up your post and reply to you in due course (it can take a day or two) but I'd also try sending an email as you may get a faster response. To do that use the send email link on this page

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Change-Payment-Card

Hope me it gets sorted for you soon.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Whilst you are awaiting for the NowTV Team to contact you, it might be worth phoning your card provider just to double check that they are not blocking the nowtv payment process their end.

I am sure that this doesn't apply to your circumstances, but i believe nowtv don't accept pre paid credit cards and the card must be assigned to a person currently residing in the UK.