cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Warning! Beware ! Signed up for ""Just a month"" and charged for over a Year.

Hi,

I signed-up July 2017 to watch a single rugby match & bought special offer monthly pass.

NowTV advertised this offer as below ..

"Your Sports Pass is commitment-free. That means no contracts and no strings. Just a month of exclusive live sports, whenever you want, wherever you want."

What i didn't realise was that as far as NowTV were concerned it wasn't "just a month" and unless i subsequently canceled the contract ( allthough i thought there was no contract ), they would continue to bill me monthly at twice the monthly offer .. a whooping  €50 each subsequent month.

I recieved no notification/email etc. in regards to each months debit and only realised after my own bank contacted me.

I have never used the subscription except for the month i signed up to..

I have logged a compaint with Customer Care ... Let's see how i get on?

1 REPLY 1
starman73
Elite

In the small print it always says...

At the end of the pre-paid period month passes automatically renew at standard price unless cancelled (Entertainment Month Pass at £7.99 a month; Sky Cinema Month Pass at £9.99 a month, Kids Month Pass at £3.99 and Sky Sports Month Pass at £33.99 a month). 

Whenever I get a monthly sports pass I cancel it immediately.  

If you haven't used the sports pass after the first renewal then see if the chat will give you a refund https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/bills-payments/cancelling-my-now-tv-subscription