cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Want to just use passes after free trial

Want to change payment method

I am coming to the end of my free trial.... 3mnths on now box. I cancelled a week or so ago because i dont want to have money deducted from my bank account.

I am happy with the provision esp box sets etc.

I notice in many shops they sell passes. I see i can buy a months   entertainment pass.

What i need to know is can i just purchase one of these every month or do i have to give my bank details each time and then cancel.

Thanks

Pt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you use the vouchers or gift cards and don't want the passes to auto renew with rolling monthly subscription payments taken from your account after the voucher or offer expires, then yes you need to cancel before the next due payment date on your account.

Then when you are ready in the future to use the nowtv service again, add a new voucher or gift card then again follow the same above cancel procedure.

You can apply voucher codes, cancel your passes or check the next due payment date by going to My Account > "Passes and Vouchers" on here.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

To use the nowtv service you still need a valid bank card on their database, even if you use the vouchers or gift cards from places like Argos, Curry's, etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Thank you for quick reply.

I had a feeling about that. So if i bought a card for one month i would have to cancel each month and then get another card when it suits me. Or buy another before it runs out. Otherwise it would be auto deducted

Cant see the reason they have to have my bank details.

I already use another provider N didnt really want more deductions.

Oh well...shame as I kinda liked the series on Now and thought the idea may have been that u can top up when you like or want to.

Again

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you use the vouchers or gift cards and don't want the passes to auto renew with rolling monthly subscription payments taken from your account after the voucher or offer expires, then yes you need to cancel before the next due payment date on your account.

Then when you are ready in the future to use the nowtv service again, add a new voucher or gift card then again follow the same above cancel procedure.

You can apply voucher codes, cancel your passes or check the next due payment date by going to My Account > "Passes and Vouchers" on here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi

Thank you for quick reply.

I had a feeling about that. So if i bought a card for one month i would have to cancel each month and then get another card when it suits me. Or buy another before it runs out. Otherwise it would be auto deducted

Cant see the reason they have to have my bank details.

I already use another provider N didnt really want more deductions.

Oh well...shame as I kinda liked the series on Now and thought the idea may have been that u can top up when you like or want to.

Again

Thanks

I’ve been doing that since day one never had any issues, I’ve never had any money taken out of my account that I didn’t know about and as long as you press through the cancel screens it works without issues.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The reason they want want your bank details is quite simple, if you forget to cancel in time they just charge you another months money. How many people do you think have forgotten to cancel in time and been charged extra? My guess would be thousands.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps @Anonymous User

Hi Peter

Just one other small point you should know, you don't have to buy passes one month at a time sometimes you can get a 3 or 6 month pass and if you can't get those then you can buy 3 x 1 month passes and ask Now TV's help chat to consolidate them into 1 x 3 month pass, which is much more convenient.

I say this because this is exactly what I do when I can't get a three or a six month pass, I buy a number of passes and get Now TV's help chat to make them up into one pass, usually into a 3 or 6 month one.

And like Schnapps, I've never had any money taken out of my account.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob