cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to apply 6 Month Entertainment voucher

Have been trying to add a 6 month Entertainment voucher to my account and also a 3 month for £ 5 movie pass but evertime I try to apply the vouchers I get an error message "Well, that didn't go to plan Please wait a moment and try again.". Contacted support last night and after trying various combinations of PC / Mac / Ipad with Safari / Firefox they cancelled the original vouchers and gave me new codes - they didn't work either - I eather get the above error message or on a PC with Firefox nothing happened when I clicked on the continue button - I then got passed onto level 2 support who also couldn't get them to work - he then asked if I was a combo customer which I said no I wasn't and then he suggested I contacted the Combo team and "click on broadband and phone when you go to contact us" I did ask what the Combo team can do for me as I am not a combo customer - I also couldn't understand what the Combo broadband and phone support team could do about tv passes. At this point I had been onto the live chat for over a hour so I had to give up as I needed to have my dinner !

Do you any suggestions about how I can apply the vouchers or do I need to cancel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  that's a pain.  @Anonymous User is one of the Now Team I am sure he can look into this for you and help you.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Out of curiosity when you buy a pass or apply a voucher code are you doing it via the nowtv box or going to the Now TV website with your internet browser using for example a PC and clicking on My Account > My Passes ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Normally through the NowTV box, but I've done it on occasion with my tablet and (I think) through the browser (Chrome) on my laptop..

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

So when you was trying to redeem the Chromecast voucher from the Chromecast website (offers section) you used your PC with the Chrome browser and manually copied the NowTV code on the end of the URL address bar.

Then went to the Now TV website with your PC Chrome browser and clicked on My Account > My Passes then clicked on the apply voucher button next to your cinema pass and pasted the NowTV code [voucher code removed] into box and you are still getting the error message on your PC screen saying voucher not recognised ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes to all that except I always get the message:

"We're having trouble with vouchers right now

Please wait a moment and try again."

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

To be honest, i have run out of ideas, apart from once you have got the NowTV code ready to manually apply to your cinema pass account, try a different internet browser.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The reason I replied to this thread was that the OP seemed to have a similar history re. Combo package applied for but not implemented.

I'm sure that's the issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post, sorry to hear about the issues your having.

I know that you have said that your not a Combo customer, but did you try to sign up for our Combo at somepoint ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried to sign up but when I check to see what I can get it says that they don't have Now TV in my area - I tried phoning and got the same response but no valid reason - I currently have Sky broadband and a Now Tv box - max speed I can get in my area is around 5.5mb - there is no fibre or cable - BT Openreach site says "We're working with government and industry to explore ways to bring Superfast fibre to as many people as possible but don't have a plan for your area yet." the local goverment says "We’re working with service providers to encourage them to install Superfast broadband across the whole borough. - If you're a SE16 resident and aren’t satisfied with your broadband speed, check the Virgin and Openreach pages for availability. On the BT website enter your details. If BT Infinity isn’t available in your area, you can click on the ‘register your interest’ tab." and no Virgin don't have any plans for SE16 either