cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally lost with this now!

Quick rundown, I have Plusnet TV so get most of the nowtv enetertainment channels already on my main TV, however I fancied trying out Nowtv as a way of multi rooming these channels on other TV as this is not available yet from Plusnet.

I tried the 14 day free trial which should be nearly coming to an end and my daughter came home with a mcdonalds monopoly win which was for free entertainment pass for 3months which I activated through the McD site which says will automatically add to my nowtv account. 

How do I know when my pass runs out or can see which pass I'm currently using? When I try to cancel it offers me 4 months for £3.49 which I might be interested in when I've evaluated the three months to see if it's worth it or not. Or do you just cancel anyway to stop being billed at the end of the three month free bit? Very Confusing.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
I did same what you did but i did free 14 day trial then cancelled it and was offered 4 months for £3.49 which started today but you could take offer, payments come of your debit card each month until offer ends or buy 3 month Entertainment Pass
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As I suspected NowTV have taken a payment from my bank I think. Looked on my payments screen and it said a payment was taken today although it hasn't shown up on my bank statement yet. No doubt I will have to chase them up for my money back if they have.

I pondered for a long time on whether or not to try the free trial as my experience of these things is as soon as you enter any bank details they will grab a payment which is why I avoided doing it.Let's see if they make it a nightmare to be reimbursed.

I might have kept nowtv as a way of multirooming but the pass system is just overly complicated. You should be able to buy a pass, clearly see when this runs out in the control centre then decide whether you want another pass at the end of it. I was as far as I know still on a free trial and I also added 3 months free pass which I got from mcdonalds which obviously hasn't been applied to the account. That's why in my original post I asked how you know which pass it is you're using so I knew the free one had been applied but it appears you have no way of knowing that.

Very confusing way of going about things if you ask me which I suspect Nowtv use to their full advantage. Can't tell whether your pass is active but very quick at taking money out the bank.

For that reason alone, regardless of what channels you get or it's usefullness Nowtv is a non runner for me. Back to Netflix which is a pound cheaper and far easier to control your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How does this work when cancelling? If I cancel while there is a three month pass running does it cancel when the pass runs out or when the three months is up?

Got no joy from Nowtv, the payment they took from my bank they sid they have credited to my nowtv account which means I will get an "extra month of nowtv" I think that's another way of saying I'll be getting the month that I paid for which I shouldn't have paid for because their free pass system didn't accept the pass but never told me Smiley Mad

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Depends what kind of offer it is. If it's a 'free for 3 months' offer then you can cancel it at any time and it will run for the full 3 months. If it's a '£X for 3 months' offer then you should wait until the third month before cancelling it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would definatley cancel your subscription after your trial ends if you dont want to use this service as you will still be billed. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also check your bank statements every month. My partner didnt and it transpiers that we have now been paying two lots each month and nowtv cant find the 2nd payment to our account although we emailed copy of bank statement to them showing payments. They have said its fraud activity and report it to the bank and police. Bank says its not fraud but nowtv playing one of many games to keep the money rolling in.

I personally would never recomend this product to anybody.

Communication with nowtv if you have a problem is useless. You just end up chasing your own tail in circles.