cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Taking money without permission

I looked at my bank statement a few days ago and realised that Now TV took out £3.99 for a hayu subscription! I had no idea I was even signed up! Apparently they gave me a free trial! Then when the free trial ends it then starts charging you monthly! I had no proper email explaining this! I don't even know what hayu is and I wouldn't subscribe to it! How can they sign you up without permission! Iv contacted now TV but still no answer as I want a refund, I have subsequently cancelled the hayu pass that I didnt even sign up to!!!! Has anyone else had thus problem and how do I take it further if I don't get my refund?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cancelled my movies last month and now tv has taken £9.99 out of my bank account without permission and that has put my account into overdraft i no longer trust now tv with my bank details

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad I am not the only one. I have cancelled my cinema pass twice, but have been resubscribed without anyone asking for permission. I have also been signed up to Hayu on a free 14 day trial (which I would then be charged for) without asking. I presumed it was a case of my one year old pressing a button on the remote, as he likes to play with them - but there is was no authorisation step if that was the case... it just seems to resubscribe you without asking - maybe because he clicked to view a movie (which are on the homescreen, so would only be one random button press to do). 

Anyone sure of the legalities of being resubscribed to a service that you have cancelled based on pressing a button that then doesn't ask you or email you to confirm? Surely it goes against some sort of law to take a card payment for something when they have not asked permission?