cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Taking money out of my account

Now tv has taking money out of my account for no reason I rang the bank up and they said it has been took out I couldn't call now tv because they don't have a number so I went online and spoke to one of there team they said they haven't well it's illegal I hope they know so the police will be getting involved
13 REPLIES 13
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

The most probable reason why you've been charged is because you didn't officially cancel your NOW TV subscription(s) prior to your free-trial period(s) expiring!

According to 'NOW TV's Terms & Conditions', if you do not officially cancel the individual NOW TV services you've subscribed to they will 'roll on' automatically prior to any 'free trial', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring. Sufficed to say, asking your bank or credit/debit card company to stop making payments or replacing your debit/credit card does not provide official confirmation to NOW TV that you no longer require their services. Neither does not watching/accessing the NOW TV service!

After officially cancelling each one of your subscriptions (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account'), NOW TV will send confirmation by email.

This being the case, provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get all (or a proportion) of your subscription payments returned/refunded to you by contacting a NOW TV representative, which can be done via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks but have done live chat they confirm it's them for billing but didn't find any record of money coming from account but bank said they are ,and yes I did cancel subscription but they have took no notice. Some thing is wrong somewhere I just want to warn people ,and if it was from bank account could block payments but because it comes from credit card this can not be blocked unless I cancel card and get a new one.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It doesn't end for another week I've checked plus a day after I signed up you took money out and again you've took money out its abit odd how your money doesn't show up on online banking but when I ring the bank up they said you've took it out
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
It doesn't end for another week I've checked plus a day after I signed up you took money out...

Please clarify, what does not end for another week? Are you referring to a 'free trial' period?

Currently, only brand new NOW TV customers are eligible to a 14-day free trial. If your debit/credit card has been instantly charged this usually happens if the NOW TV system has some of your details already on their system.

Also, if you've been charged multiple times for the same service, this usually happens if you've created multiple NOW TV accounts that are registered to the same credit/debit card. Or if you multiple credit/debit cards registered to the same bank account.

Either-way, all 'account' related issues are subject to the Data Protection Act and can't be discussed on the open forum, which means it's more appropriate for you to directly contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility.

And to confirm... Your NOW TV account is linked to your assigned debit or credit card. Your NOW TV account is not directly linked to your bank account.

Cheers 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My bank account is the same of my debit card! And my free trail ends in a weeks time and I've tried taking to your team online they don't have a clue but when I know more as I go to my bank tommrow and they will probably ring the police
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

It would appear that think I work for NOW TV. As mentioned in my 'signature' below I don't. I'm a NOW TV customer just like you!

And as this forum is accessible to anyone from around the world, for security reasons all 'account' related issues (such as, NOW TV account removal/card details removal and refunds) are subject to the Data Protection Act, which means it's more appropriate for you to directly contact a NOW TV representative rather than asking one of them (or somebody who may be posing as one of them) to contact you via the forum!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for getting in touch with us most likely you either have an account with Apple/Vodafone as well as with us directly where the billing goes through them. If this is the case you would need to contact them to cancel seperately as they can charge themselves for Now TV. Checking your account history you seem to be on a 14 day trial and so no payments have come to us unless you have a 2nd account under a different email address then that would be a different matter again.

Cheers

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had 3 payments from my account when I have cancelled NOWTV - Kids Pass, Entertainment Pass & Hayu. I have never set these up - is this fraud - it is impossible to speak to anyone or get help re this. Outrageous. I will be taking this further, as this is unacceptable

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Check this link to determine whether you have any other accounts with the same payment details.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

Live chat, just make sure to click “chat online” within the green box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help