cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Taking Money from expired card

Why has now tv taken money from my account l?

Now tv has charged £10.00 to an expired card !

I have tried to cancel but can't find the link anywhere on your site
Then you proceed to take money from an expired account
How ?
Why ?
3 REPLIES 3
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
...I have tried to cancel but can't find the link anywhere on your site
Then you proceed to take money from an expired account
How ?
Why ?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Just-so-you know... You've taken out a 'rolling' subscription @Anonymous User.

Anyway, the official way to cancel your NOW TV subscriptions is via your NOW TV account. It's recommended that you use a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Log onto your NOW TV account via this forum using the same log-in details as your NOW TV playback device.
  • Then click on the grey coloured 'Canel' button which is located within each of the NOW TV services you have subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Cinema, Kids, Sport). You should see something like this: -

Cancellations.PNG

• A new "We hate saying goodbye" web page will be displayed.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the web page.
  • Click on the purple coloured 'I don't want my contract free pass' button on the bottom right of the web page.
  • Follow the remainder of on-screen instructions/questionnaires and retention offers, if any...

If the above mentioned 'cancellation' process has been completed correctly, you will receive a confirmation email from NOW TV.

Cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User dependent on your card provider they will allow continuous payments to continue you against a card. This is to protect you against things like insurance being cancelled. Your card provider will not differentiate between payments.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:
@Anonymous User dependent on your card provider they will allow continuous payments to continue you against a card. This is to protect you against things like insurance being cancelled. Your card provider will not differentiate between payments.

Agreed, I found out from my bank a few years ago that just because your card expires they don't stop payments, if you don't remember the login details contact your card issuer and they can stop further payments.