Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subscription I didn't ask for...

Understand this has happened before ?

Received an email today informing me that: 

As a thank you for being a loyal NOW TV customer, we’re giving you a free 3-month Entertainment Pass. This has already been added to your account, so you don’t have to do a thing. 

Your pass will auto-renew at £7.99 a month. Or simply cncel (sic) anytime..

In the small print:

Entertainment 3-Month Pass: Auto renews at the end of this promotion. 

Er thank you. Good job I didn't junk the email then. I can't believe for one second under law you can be signed up to a subscription service without your consent, free trial or not. 

After finally getting through to customer services I still wasn't happy with their response. Was the email a mistake ? What if I hadn't seen the email ? Will this happen again ?

As if by magic after chatting to customer services, a new email arrives:

Oops, sorry, our mistake. We sent you some incorrect information.

Sorry for the email we sent you earlier and for any confusion it caused. 

(Love that customer services rubbish, I'm not confused NowTV - it's obviously YOU)

We meant to say: 

As a thank you for being a loyal NOW TV customer, we’re giving you a 3 month Entertainment Pass for free. We’ve added this Pass to your account, so you don’t have to do a thing. 

Don’t worry, there’s no hidden tricks! Your auto-renew is turned off so you won’t be charged a penny unless you decide to renew your Pass at the end of the 3 months. 

Happy watching!

Smiley Very Happy

2 REPLIES 2
Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Wish i got that e-mail lol.  Surprised there was no code or anything for you to action though, very cheeky of them if that is the case.  If you do have an active account, i can't see that it would of been sent out by mistake?  Had it of been me, I would of just cancelled once the 3 months had started.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After conversations with Sky it very much was sent out by mistake. Madness since they have clearly done this before i.e. sent an email out with  incorrect information.

They add the subscription but set the sub not auto-renew.

.. but they tell you they have done the complete opposite.

The worst experience I had with them was they bought my ISP. No communication from them (or original company), original contract ripped up and entered into a completely new one from Sky.

First I heard of it ? A Sky router turned up in the post 🙂