cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Strange account registration

Hi Everyone, newbie here. Long story so please bear with me. I tried to open a new Now TV account earlier and at the end of the info input process I got a message saying that there was already an account registered to my e mail.Concerned I tried to log in with my e mail address (I had a sky account years ago and thought it might have found this) I asked for log in details reminder and was e mailed the log in details for a perfect stranger. Clearly she has her account set up using my e mail address. (I have subsequently opened an account using a different e mail address). I am worried how this could happen, does anyone know how I can get this persons account disconnected from my e mail address. On line messaging werent helpful.

many thanks for suggestions

Johnk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User change the password on your email and then on the account to which it is linked. Using the forgot password option. Then go on to chat ask them to remove the payment details on it. Once this account has been set up for a while you could ask for the linked email to be changed to that one.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User change the password on your email and then on the account to which it is linked. Using the forgot password option. Then go on to chat ask them to remove the payment details on it. Once this account has been set up for a while you could ask for the linked email to be changed to that one.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi again, been thinking about this. Im not comfortable with going into another persons account and changing and deleting e mails and passwords, even though it solves my problem. Is there a phone number I can call to get a techy person to look at this, or any other suggestions would be welcome.

many many thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Strange. I agree I wouldn't be going into another account making changes, rather than assuming this other account is using your details fraudulently it's just as likely they have made an innocent mistake or there's some mistake at NOW TV's end sending you wrong account details  - for instance you haven't been receiving emails about this account have you? Which should have happened if it is definitely linked to your email address.

I would wait and let a member of the NOW TV team look into what's happened for you. I'll tag @Karl-F who is the community manager on here, and hopefully he will be in touch with you, or get one of the other team to contact you directly to sort out your issue. 

PS no telephone number I'm afraid, but let us know if you don't hear from a NOW TV team member by the end of the day.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brilliant thank you, I have changed my e mail password, I know this is probably a mistake or glitch at Now TV end but best to be safe. I know its also low risk because I have not been getting e mails or messages from Now TV but I would appreciate a quccik check by Now TV just to reassure. Cant be too sure in this day and age

many thanks again

JohnK2

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Absolutely, best to get things checked out. I see @Karl-F has acknowledged the post so if you haven't already you should hear from somebody soon.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

I have indeed passed this on to our team here and if you haven't heard anything please get back in touch and I'll chase it up. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, I received an e mail from now TV that asked

Hi John,

Ref: 02286758

This is a test email.

We just want to verify the email address as you mentioned that you don't have an account with us and this email is already registered.

Please reply to this email.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

this I did but have heard no more, is anything happening plese

thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good morning Karl, do you have any more information for me please

many thanks

JohnK

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Still waiting on an update? Just a tip - when you want to tag a member of the team for updates use the @ sign and then their username, then they will get a notification, eg @Karl-F
I'll tag @Tony-D from the NOW TV team for you, he's about today so might have some info for you.