cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stop taking my money

I took our a free trial, was good but the wife wasnt impressed, so I cancelled, but got offered a four months for 3.99 per month deal, cancel anytime, so we decided to stay on for another month. After this time we still couldnt agree to keep now tv so I cancelled it, and was given the date 19/06/17 as the day my now tv would end. It didn't, and have now been charged £13.98 against my will.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
I took our a free trial, was good but the wife wasnt impressed, so I cancelled, but got offered a four months for 3.99 per month deal, cancel anytime, so we decided to stay on for another month. After this time we still couldnt agree to keep now tv so I cancelled it, and was given the date 19/06/17 as the day my now tv would end. It didn't, and have now been charged £13.98 against my will.

@Anonymous User

Hi Ben as this is an open fourm we cannot discuss details of your account on here, we have sent you an email regarding this 

Thanks the nowtv team 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The good news is, if you officially cancelled your NOW TV subscriptions (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account') and followed the cancellation procedure in full, NOW TV would have sent you a confirmation email of your cancellation request(s).

Provided you still have the cancellation email, claiming back any money NOW TV have taken in error should be a straight forward procedure by contacting a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

By-the-way, what NOW TV services did you subscribe to, as £13.98 seems an peculiar charge?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a day pass for sky sports in March 2017......I got the email confirmation and used the pass...no problem. Yesterday (July) we realised that NOWTV had been taking £9.99 and £6.99 a month since 20th March without our knowledge or permission! No emails confirming of activation or confirmation  of access to our bank accounts.....I was in an online forum for 2 hours last night with someone who could link the account transactions with NOWTV and made us think the account was hacked. About to make my complaint to the ombudsman as they don't provide telephone numbers.....

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I bought a day pass for sky sports in March 2017......I got the email confirmation and used the pass...no problem. Yesterday (July) we realised that NOWTV had been taking £9.99 and £6.99 a month since 20th March without our knowledge or permission! No emails confirming of activation or confirmation  of access to our bank accounts.....I was in an online forum for 2 hours last night with someone who could link the account transactions with NOWTV and made us think the account was hacked. About to make my complaint to the ombudsman as they don't provide telephone numbers.....

Hi @Anonymous User,

£9.99 and £6.99 are charges for the NOW TV 'Cinema' and 'Entertainment' services. If you've been charged for these, then it sounds like you did not separately 'officially' cancel them!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, this is the problem.....did not agree to sign up to them or view them at any time after I viewed Sky Sports on the pass day. I had no communication from NOWTV so I believe the have acted illegally without permission to take funds from our bank. I have SKY Satalite TV so why would I need to stream the same content I already have! It's a matter for the ombudsman now and drafted my complain due to no resolution online last night.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you visit the 'View My Bills' area of your account you'll be able to see when the 'Entertainment' and 'Cinema' services were activated. You may even had a 14-day free trial period.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Same thing happened with me. I found that two days ago £6.99 were deducted from my credit card account with any notifications. I can see in my order histriy that no transaction been made of that amount. So not sure why NOW TV is taking money out of our pocket.

Have you heard on your resolution yet. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ankur

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been online again today and they can see I have not used the account at all in the last 30 days....wanted to give me 1 month of my own money back rather than the 5 months they owe me.....waiting for a non resolution email from them so I can take to the ombudsman. ....As expected...I am expected to do all the running around to get me money back! 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User, @Anonymous User,

If you don't want or can't afford any of the NOW TV services you've subscribed to, you can officially cancel them at any time (and they will still run for their full duration). That's the type of subscription service NOW TV offer!

Sufficed to say, asking your bank or credit/debit card company to stop making payments or replacing your debit/credit card does not provide official confirmation to NOW TV that you no longer require their services. Neither does not watching/accessing the NOW TV service!

Cheers