cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Requesting Refund

I wanted to try the entertainment monthly pass.

But due to various circumstances (mainly broadband problem, I am an Indian resident, I registered for NowTV while I was in UK for a long work assignment) I have never used the service. Iam sure you can verify that.

And I completely forgot about it. And now I have been charged for two months consecutively. 😞

Can I request a refund please.

149 REPLIES 149
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been to barclays bank after being charged after being assured that my package had been canceled on your website, i have just got my statement back after being told that NOW tv had been notified by barclays that this customer doesnt want to the service anymore and to stop taking money from his account, I got my statement and you have taken £30 over three months of me being inactive on my account, i think that is unacceptable if im honest especially if i wasnt using my account for those three months if you could get back to me ASAP i would apreciaite it.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello @Anonymous User

This is most odd... Are you sure you only had/have 'one' NOW TV account?

Provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get all (or a proportion) of your subscription payments returned to you by contacting a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility.

The easiest way of accessing 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just spotted on my credit card that £6.99 has been stolen by Sky.

It claims this is for a subscription - but one has never been taken out.

You have to create the account and are forced to give card details at signup - otherwise I would not do this.

Of course, there seems to be no way of contacting Sky accounts to sort this out.

Next step credit card company to go for a charge back.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Your forum name suggests you were once a NOW TV customer. This being the case perhaps somebody else has reactivated your account. Which is pretty easy to do if you've not set-up 'pin-code' protection.

Anyway, provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get all (or a proportion) of your subscription payments returned to you by contacting a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility.

The easiest way of accessing 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the pointers...

It is a shocking way to run a business... it might be a good idea to have some easily available contact details - email would be good, phone might be good too. Chat less good.

The account was only setup as it was a requirement to use the box when we first bought it abouty two years ago - card details were required for proof of age or something if I remember correctly.

Hilarious email from Sky followed my first post - clearly an auto responder - and thanked me for my contribution!

We had a 'trial' movies pass and watched a single film in the one month trial - so it wasn't for us. There was no apparent way of removing card details so though all services were 'cancelled', the card details were still retained.

I am pretty sure that at the point of purchase, it wasn't clear that you needed to give any details for watching any of the 'free' services. Its main use for us, is for iPlayer type services - nothing to do with Sky.

Just off to start a 'chat' - this shouldn't cost me my time.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV media streaming service is a fully 'online service' which offers help to its customers via Live Chat, via Email or via this forum (by forum members, along with a comprehensive range of Help Centre articles). And as such, there is no telephone number...

If you wish to have your credit/debit card details removed, I suggest you contact a NOW TV representitive...

All methods of contacting NOW TV can be found here: How To Contact NOW TV.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the link.

Email (or at least web form mail) sent.

None of this info was easy to find even though I am fully computer literate! It is almost like Sky try to hide.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I having checked my back account in detail, I have noticed Now Tv have been taking payments for a period that I had activated Both a Entertainment pass and Cinema pass for. They had certainly accecpted the codes onto there system, but surprise surprise they are not showing now.

The live chat really has been useless with 3 advisors 'disconnecting' when they faced questions they could not or did not want to answer.

Having read of similar instances on this forum, it is clearly (as you would expect) NOT a one off. It must by now be a KNOWN fact and yet they still treat you as if you are trying to rip off!

Having had absolutly no luck with the live chat, I have sent an email and will await the response.

If this has been experienced by anyone else who reads this, I will keep you informed, but at the moment I am strongly leaning towards any one effected by this 'theft' to contact OFCOM on mass so that NowTV/Sky are forced to refund the monies!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I wanted to use a 14 day free trial for sky cinema but I have been charged. I would like a refund but can't find how to do this. Help please
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi, I wanted to use a 14 day free trial for sky cinema but I have been charged. I would like a refund but can't find how to do this. Help please

The 14-day trial is available to 'brand new' NOW TV customers only. Have you and/or your credit/debit card ever been used to purchase a NOW TV subscription?

Either-way I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility and explain your situation to them.

The easiest way of contacting 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

Cheers