cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Refund immediately

Hi there. I would like a refund on this please as I was told that I would get a free trial but I got an w.ail saying that I have bee charged 9.99. I looked at my bank and it's been taking out my account. I would like it back please.
6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum,

The reason why you've been charged is because the NOW TV service(s) you've subscribed to 'rolls on' automatically if it's not cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!

You might be able to get your subcription payment(s) returned but obviously the NOW TV people will check to see when you last viewed the service(s) you subscribed to...

Anyway, I suggest you access the forums 'live chat' facility (preferably by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device) between 08:00-24:00Hrs and explain your issue to them.

Click on the following: Manage my account link. 

• Scroll down to the 'Contact Us' button (on the bottom left of the web page) and click on it.
  • A new web page should open up with the 'Live Chat' button at the top right of the page.
  • Click on the 'Live Chat' button and a new window should open up, with a range of drop-down options and a 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't used now tv for months since i had a problem with billing and had to block now tv on my credit card. I get an email today saying that £9.99 was taken from my account for sky cinema at 3am in the morning. As it's only my wife and myself at the address and both of us were asleep at that time i can't understand how this could have happened. I've been on to chat but had a time out error come up . I then went to send a message and had service error come up and told to use chat. The problem is i have to repeat myself over and over again. This was an old now tv account which i had forgotten about and therfore my credit card was not blocked on it. It involves a lot of hassle to ring the credit card company  to make a charge back for something i clearly didn't order.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

The problem is i have to repeat myself over and over again. This was an old now tv account which i had forgotten about and therfore my credit card was not blocked on it. It involves a lot of hassle to ring the credit card company  to make a charge back for something i clearly didn't order.

Hi @Anonymous User,

When you originally subscribed to the NOW TV service you agreed to a 'rolling subscription'. 

As you can imagine, peoples cards get lost, stolen and/or change number all the time and because of this there are provisions in place for a creditor to automatically maintain any 'continuous/rolling' payments you've authorised against your original card to your new card, such as: loans, HP agreements, home, car, life insurances, council tax, general services, mobile phone bills, etc. And, TV subscriptions. These provisions are in-place to protect you from missing any payments and incurring any penalties! 

Which effectively means, asking your bank or credit/debit card company to stop making payments or replacing your debit/credit card does not provide official confirmation to NOW TV that you no longer require their services. Neither does not watching/accessing the NOW TV service!

The good news is, if you officially cancelled your NOW TV subscriptions (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account') and followed the cancellation procedure in full, NOW TV would have sent you a confirmation email of your cancellation request(s), so claiming back any money NOW TV have taken in error should be a straight forward procedure by contacting a NOW TV representative.

That being said, provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get all (or a proportion) of your subscription payments returned/refunded to you by contacting a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The last pass on this account was cancelled in June 2016.  Then i get an email saying that i had restarted my pass at 3am this morning July 16th 2017. I have spoken to my credit card company to put them in the picture and they said that now tv is one of the worst for taking unauthorised payments from accounts.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

If your confirmation email from NOW TV relates to the same service that NOW TV have just charged you for, then getting a refund from NOW TV should be very straight forward.

Where things often get messy is when people take out subscriptions for multiple NOW TV services (such as 'Entertainment' and 'Cinema') and only cancel one of them. Or they create multiple NOW TV accounts and for what ever reason forget to officially cancel the services they've subscribed to.

I'm not saying NOW TV never make mistakes, however if people don't officially cancel their all their subscribed services and obtain proof that their cancellations have gone through, NOW TV will keep taking their money until informed otherwise.

Essentially taking out a NOW TV subscription should be very straight forward...

After agreeing to take out a monthly roll-over subscription service, when you decide you don't want it anymore you officially cancel, you receive an email and you keep it as proof.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems quite obvious to me that if the last time i used the service was in June 2016 that i did cancel it properly as over 12 months has lapsed, what is worrying is when money is taken out of my account at 3am in the morning when the device in question is disconnected from the mains and that the 2 occupants (oap might i add) are fast asleep.