cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i had no choice but have to delete my 4 devices because my details leaked due to an annoying nephew but if i ring the now tv team will they give me two devices so i can continue my subscripion im currently without my now tv and game of thrones is about to start and that is why i bought it please any suggestions

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I suggest you access the forums 'live chat' facility (between 08:00-24:00Hrs), preferably by using a Windows or Mac computer (not a mobile device) and explain your requirements to them.

Click on the following: Manage my account link. 

• Scroll down to the 'Contact Us' button (on the bottom left of the web page) and click on it.
  • A new web page should open up with the 'Live Chat' button at the top right of the page.
  • Click on the 'Live Chat' button and a new window should open up, with a range of drop-down options and a 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you contact live chat explain to them what has happened and ask them nicely, they may be able to help you out.

To contact live chat open the linked page below, click on "contact us" in the green box this will open a secondary page where there will be an option for live chat.

Recommend using a PC, Laptop or Mac when you contact them.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/None-of-the-above-manage-my-account

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This limit is crazy, I have 3 devices enabled, one is my set top box which I can use nowtv with at the moment, the other two are a nowtv box and my old chromecast - these are both in a cupboard and I need to add a couple of devices, I can add one in a week on April 1st and then another in May. It is such a restrictive limit for no reason, I can completely understand the streaming limit and to some extent the 4 device limit, but that is quite low as I have at least 10 devices I could use in the house, but why do you have to wait a month to make a change?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i would also like to add my part in saying please remove the restriction of four devices we as a big family watch on diffrent devices from diffrent rooms not all at once so yea even if you increase the number to say 8 devices and limit to 4 that can watch at once cause i dont know anyone who would use all 8 at once

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree and it shows this is a dated restriction as this limit and thread was originally posted 4 years ago!

Anyway a slight work around for this, which I have found useful. As you pay per package, and like me if you have kids, or a large number of devices, you can for example set up a tablet or console with a different email address and only pay for the kids package on that device, then for example your large TV and nowTV box you can sign in with a different email for movies and entertainment. That way you can spread the devices usage furhter and still pay the same amount per month.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a nowTV box, and have it set up on my ps3, ps4 and had used it from one computer. I didn't know there even was a device limit until recently, when I couldn't watch anything on my phone, so I removed the ps3 and something else and then added the phone. Which then refused to work because it said the device had been modified (this is wrong, but whatever).

So I removed the phone, and tried to watch from my mac, but now I can't add it until the end of the month, and the 4th slot is out of action until July.

Pretty unacceptable. I mean, why bother with a browser version if I can't just log in and watch from any browser? And in the house I have a ps3, ps4, smart tv, two desktops, four laptops, two phones and a tablet. Why do I have to select only 4 of these?

These restrictions are weird and pointless. I'm paying for access and you're denying it to me.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  If you think Now limit is bad Virgin anywhere is 2 devices ........ still that doesn't address your issue: 

The Now device limit is 4 devices of which you can watch on 2. They however understand that people have problems such as this. I would recommend you explain the situation and ask them to help you. I would also recommend that if you are getting help adding a device, you ask them to stay on line whilst you check the device is working. This will save you having to search for chat again. Click the contact us in my signature link tomorrow, they will have just gone home. 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

From what I can tell they allow 5 family members to log in and watch, though only two streams at a time. Regardless, I don't give a fig what Virgin allow or do not, I don't pay for that service. What I pay for is Now TV, Netflix and Amazon. Now TV has shown itself to be the worst of these.

I have no problem with only being allowed 2 streams at a time. Hell, 1 would be enough. It's these ludicrous restrictions on the number of registered devices. Whoever came up with this scheme is very much indulging in old-world thinking and not the present reality - the more difficult you make it to use your service, the more people will decide to go elsewhere or just pirate your content. It's not something I condone, but I can see why people do it if they try to pay for content and then have all sorts of artificial barriers thrown up like this.

My issue is that there is a limit *at all*. I will be able to watch again soon, but my image of the service is tarnished and I may cease my subscription when the current season of GoT is over.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just started a free trial and already come to the conclusion I will be cancelling it due to the limitations of the service.  I think the limits need to be looked at, it's almost like NOW TV don't want to compete against the likes of Netflix and Amazon?  They have just adopted the useless approach of Sky GO.

Firstly the device limit, 4. Can someone explain the decision for this?  I'm ditching live TV as I rarely watch it and prefer boxset and on demand approach.  Now I have two kids and the idea of using streaming TV is it goes with you. Not with NOW TV though.  If I register I get a NOW TV box in living room and my kids add their consoles to watch in bedrooms I have one slot left.  So only one us can watch TV on a tablet or phone.  Now this limit enters the realm of truely stupid since the streams are limited to 2!  So I can use half the devices I register.  So why the limit in the first place? I cannot see a real reason for except to cripple the service you offer.  Why not raise the device limit to say 8? Assume 4 family members and 2 devices?

Now the live streams limit of 2, ok that's matches the Netflix approach. But then what is lacking is the option to upgrade that limit.  For Netflix I can have 4 streams for £2 more, why not do a similar solution?  DO you not want to me to use your service? Is the reason you are trying not to compete? Because I dropped Sky years ago and I'm not going back. So help me be a long term customer by providing a suitable service!

So let's talk.  Why the device limits, what can be done. And why not allow a stream limit upgrade, I'm willing to pay and I bet other customers would do too.