Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pass Inconsistent across devices

Hi NOWTV,

I am very close to not returning.

At the beginning of the year I purchased a 5 month pass from Amazon, when it was delivered I added it. Come the end of January I got charged for a 1 month pass, So I checked the account online and there it was my previous pass had been ignored and you just decided to add a 1 month pass.

I re-entered the pass (Luckily I kept it) and this time it showed up alongside the 1 month that was still in effect. 

I kept checking until the 5 month came into effect and it then showed my next payment is due on 20 July(see attached screenshot).

My problem is now that all other devices except for the website show different next payment dates, My PS3 and android think next payment is in 20th April and the windows App thinks I do not have a pass and need to purchase one.

I swear that if I get charged again for a pass that is blatantly not required due to your poor coding I will be going to speak to a lawyer, I am fed up to the back teeth of your poor service and inconsistencies. In the past I have had this and ended up spending 2 and a half hours on the phone to someone whilst they talked me through resetting every damn device I had access to typing in all manner of different combinations of my username just for her to tell me to wait 5 minutes whilst she looks at the back end of my account, come back and tell me she fixed it! I am not going to do that again.

Please can you get this looked into before I face further needless charges which if levied against me will result in court action.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here is a screenshot from my Android showing current pass set for renewal on 20th April!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Everything looks fine for your 5 month pass.

It's a known issue that some apps, such as mobile apps, aren't clever enough to realise you have a multi-month offer and show the next 'monthly period' (when strictly speaking the pass does renew, but it gets renewed at £0.00) rather than the actual end date of your offer .

As long as your pass is showing the correct end date when log into the NOW TV website and go to your My Account > My Passes page

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

then it's set up correctly. Looks fine to me.

As for your Windows app have you tried logging out and back in again - if it's not letting you watch make sure you sign in with the same username - check the username it shows on the My Account screen of your Android app and use the same one on your Windows app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Thanks for confirming this is a known bug/issue. I guess I'll have to wait and see if it does take ££ from me.

@Andywrote:

@Anonymous User

As for your Windows app have you tried logging out and back in again - if it's not letting you watch make sure you sign in with the same username - check the username it shows on the My Account screen of your Android app and use the same one on your Windows app.

I only have 1 username/password so I can't get it wrong lol. First thing I tried before mentioning it here was the basic log out/in uninstall/re-install, reboot, etc.

There is no ryme or reason for it to not sync to my account.

With all the bugs and issues it really does not fill me with confidence that NOWTV is actually a good choice, the only reason I am still on it is that other than piracy I dont have much choice on how to get the content I want with my meager budget.

I know I'm ranting and that is not directed at you but NOWTV however again my choices are very limited on this platform and considering the low quality of it I feel my complaints will just be filled under "meh" in an old dusty room or just sent to spam.

Cheers for the response though Andy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No worries, if you want to try live chat to try and get the Windows app sorted you can get there from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

I'll also tag @Tony-D from the NOW TV Team who can hopefully give you an official confirmation that everything is OK with your pass. 

Hope you manage to get sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

That 2 hr+ call I mentioned started out as a chat. So I'll just wait for them to check their "Backend" rather than waste another round of checks 😉