cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Parental pin number

Why is the new kids app asking for a PIN number to watch everything? I have a parental pin switched on to restrict to under 12. I tried playing octonaughts and it asks for the parental pin.

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

I was just wondering if there was an update to this issue? It's been a few months and this is still not resolved.  I have parental controls set to PG, yet my PIN is asked for to watch Paw Patrol!

Thanks,

Dan

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry to ###### an old thread, are there any updates on this issue? We've just purchased a nowtv box with a 4 month kids pass. After setting the parental pin, we cant watch any shows - including things that clearly are ok from cbeebies. In oprder to make the device viable, we've removed the parental pin for now but this is not really a solution.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry for the very delayed response here.

With this issue we were informed that it should be resolved but if you are still seeing it do let us know as it might be an individual issue we need to look into for you.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have issues. I have the newer Now TV box (With Freeview)

I have parental controls set. I have tried 12, 12a, 15 however watching some programs, i.e Gruffalo I'm prompted for the parental pin. If I turn off the parental control then I do not need to enter a pint to watch. I would expect that all programs listed within the KIDS nowTV section should be watch if parental control is set i.e 12 rating is what I need to have set.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  all programs in the kids section should be suitable for kids.  There for a 12 pin should be adequate and all programs work.  @Simon-J  can you flag up the issue with the Gruffalo?   @Anonymous User  if there are any others please post back so they can also be flagged.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I still have this issue. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This still appears to be an issue. I just had to enter a pin for Stickman!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know this is an old thread, but I’ve just started to experience this problem. Any idea why this would suddenly have happened, and what I can do to fix please? Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I've just started experiencing the same issue, my 6 y/o now requires the pin to watch most of the kids section even stuff usually suitable for my 1 y/o is now coming up with it. Any updates or fixes will be appreciated.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If it helps, 3 things it has come up on is Kidz Bop, Room on the Broom and Big Block Sing Song.