cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Parental Pin Number

I have forgotten the parental pin I set up when I registered - can you tell me how to reset ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

to avoid confusion we've updated the answer to this question:

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have forgotten the parental pin I set up when I registered - can you tell me how to reset ?

To reset your PIN:

1. Go to the "My Account" menu from the top of the page (you might be asked to sign in)

2. Choose "Settings & PINs"

3. Click the 3rd button in the list "Reset your PIN"

4. Enter your password

3. Choose a NEW Pin and enter the digits 

5. Click "Save PIN"

6. You're all set!

Note: Please remember this page is archived and you will not be able to reply to this post, to start a new post or if you have any questions about PINs post here

View solution in original post

97 REPLIES 97
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for the post.

Can it be possible that you're using other Sky services? If yes, log in to your accounts using laptop/PC and under Privacy Settings you should be able to turn off the PIN there. 

If not, let us know and will get this raised with the tech teams.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had sky before i moved but cancelled everything. Do I need  a pin for sky and a pin for now TV. As I keep stating  I can turn parental pin on and off and change it no problem on my pc but it makes no difference on my Tv when using remote and now tv box. It will ask for parental pin whether i have it turned on or off and if I ienter the pin it says its  wrong. Bit bored of it all to be honest ,am just going to cancel as soon as my month is up . Would also like to mention the quality of the box and remote is pretty cheap and nasty. Takes ages to get the remote lined up with box to send a signal to box. Wish Id read the reviews!! No offense to any Now TV employee am sure you do your best but its all a bit dissapointing.

Regards Mark

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

You would need a separate PIN for NOW TV but if you're changing or turning off the PIN on your NOW TV account online and it's the same account your logged in on the box with it should take affect on all devices you use.

The remote can be a bit tricky but the sensor is located on the right hand side of the front of the box so we find the trick is to angle the box slightly which seems to help. Alternatively some people use free Roku remote apps that work over WiFi.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't remember even setting a parental pin on my account but if I have then I've forgotten it. How do I reset it?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
I don't remember even setting a parental pin on my account but if I have then I've forgotten it. How do I reset it?

Hi minney92,

If you don't remember setting it then chances are you may not have.

Try to play a movie on a PC, Laptop or Mac and when it prompts you for a pin type in any pin that you would remember and if it sets up then that will be your pin and if it doesn't, let us know and we'll get it reset for you.

Thanks,

Shannon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply.
I've tried to and it asks for my pin, so i have everything it would be set as and still isn't working.
So could you please reset my pin?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there minney92,

If you check your inbox we can take your details and have your pin reset.

Thanks a lot.

Char

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this issue, I dont remember setting one up so now cannot watch anything!!

HELP!!Woman Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi lenancake72uk,

Thank for getting in contact.

Can I ask if your Parental Pin is currently turned "off"? You can check this in the "My Account" section of your account. If it is off, can you then make sure that it is turned off on any other Sky services you may have e.g Sky Go. If it is "on" you will need to contact us directly so that we can get it reset for you.

Regards,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have no parental pin