cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Online e-mail system can't accept pound signs (£)

Just thought I'd post to let the people at NOW TV know in case not already aware.

I've spend several hours trying to send a message via the 'Send us a message' function.... each time I got an error when I pressed submt. After lots of trial and error, I found that the error happens if there is a pound sign (£) in the body of the message!

At least I'll know for next time.

Might be worth getting your IT chaps to take a look NOW TV!

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Good spot, thanks for posting the info. I'll tag @Karl-F who is the Community Manager and hopefully he will pass his onto the technical team for them to check out.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow.. That's an interesting one and I've not heard or seen anything like this before. 

I'll pass this on to our team who looks after this area and see if they can provide any insight on this. 

Thanks, 

Karl

@Anonymous User An alternative that avoids this issue, which I have also seen elsewhere many times over the years, (and that you could also use as a workaround) is to use the ISO (?) currency code instead of the symbol for the currency, e.g. GBP instead of £, USD instead of $, EUR instead of € etc.