cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv black version - Facebook App

I have just bought a new Nowtv black box and connected it up to my samsung tv . I am currently on the 14 day free trial for the entertainment pass and then it should roll over for the 3 month pass code that was included in the box as i applied the voucher. Everything works fine apart from the Facebook app. I have installed it from the App store and when i try and open the app the Facebook logo appears and then it takes me back to the App store. There is no option to enter a code from facebook or nothing it just loads up and then disappears. I have unistalled the facebook app and reinstalled and also hard reset the box. Is there something im doing wrong in regards to allowing the app on the facebook webpage? Please can someone explain how to set this up properly as google searches have lead me nowhere.

Kind regards

Diane

4 REPLIES 4
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I'm not 100% sure but I think the app has been a bit faulty for a while. As it is a 3rd party app, you may have to contact Facebook about it.

First though, you could try this to see if it helps:

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Other-app-not-working-NOW-TV-Box

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have followed all the steps and contacted facebook. Please could anyone confirm if the facebook app is working for them as in being able to enter your login details. All im getting is the logo then back to the homescreen.

Kind regards

Diane

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please can anyone help ? 

mark_suff
Expert

@Anonymous User  I just tried the Facebook app and am getting the same thing as you, when I click on app Facebook logo appears then it goes straight back to home screen. Having Googled it, it seems there's been problems for well over a year with this app, it looks as though there's no support from Roku either for this app as any search on their website help for Facebook comes back with not found. As you've contacted Facebook about it not sure what else you can do.

Mark.