cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No signal on Tv

My NOWTV smart box suddenly stopped working through my LG TV on Thursday last week. I have tried using different wires, restarting the smart box and plugging the smart box into another monitor. It works on another monitor but the TV still shows no signal when I plug the box back in. I’ve even replaced the remote’s batteries. Please can you help with fixing the fault with the connection to the TV which until recently worked just fine? Thanks

I’ve tried sending messages to NOWTV but it doesn’t send from laptops, iPhones or iPads. They make it impossible to contact them. So worst case I’ll terminate my contract without contacting them.
3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. The TV displays no image at all from the box? Firstly double check your TV is on the correct source input. Then unplug the box and remove HDMI cable from both TV and box, connect HDMI cable and plug back in.

If that doesn't help connect the box up to the TV that does work and go to Settings > Display Type and change to 720p and confirm it. Then connect back up to your LG TV and see if it works now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

It still shows no signal. I’ve completed both steps. Also, why would it suddenly stop working when it has been for years?

Thanks
Medhya
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you connecting the nowtv box directly into your TV HDMI port and not using a HDMI switcher or any other external HDMI type of Hub ?

Have you tried all the HDMI ports on your TV and if so does other HDMI devices work on them ?

Also, have you tried hooking up the nowtv box on the Monitor that you say is working, then go into the box settings menu and undertake a full factory reset.

Then take the box and hook it up again to your TV (if there is still no signal) re connect the box back on your Monitor to re enter all your account / wifi details again from scratch and then try again on the TV.