cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Credit Card Available

I have Just been showing my NowTV box to a good friend of mine.

He would like a box also but as he is retired he has no credit or debit card.

He is going to buy a box from tesco with an included movie pass.

Is there a way he activate his box without giving a card number?

As a pensioner of the old school he is not very trusting of company holding his financial details.

Can I buy passes for her and give her the numbers to input?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watch dog won't give a dam... it won't get any air time...

They never cared about Lovefilm, Netflix, Amazon, Crunchyroll, MLB, NHL, NFL, Itunes, Google, PSN, Music unlimited.

All requiring cedit/debit cards for their Free services and trials, when you set up accounts.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User a voucher neither proves your are over 18 or live in the UK, however a Visa or Mastercard will.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
IP address proves location so that's b***ks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User except when using a VPN.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi im in complete agreement total rip off. the hole pay per view is nonsence anyway, pay for everything twice, pay for a licence my licence should be enough to activate my account, no matter how you put it its a scam

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a box today and I was not told by Curry's Staff that I needed a credit card etc to activate the box. The Now TV customer service is useless. I have now returned the box to Curry's and like you will write to Watch dog to report this practice

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is so dumb surely you would want to make now tv easily accessable for everyone 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

You know E

Sky/Now TV business model/plan calls for their customers to have either a credit or bank card, this proves their users credit worthiness and ability to pay for services they may want to buy, if you don't have one of these cards then you are not the kind of customer they want.

UK Bob