Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

New Now TV Black Boxes Bundled With Reduced Monthly Pass Duration Vouchers

@Anonymous User

Just noticed that Tesco Direct are selling the standard black nowtv box with only a 2 month entertainment voucher pass bundled in the box, where previously they was offering the 3 month entertainment voucher where they are now also selling the black box with a 3 month Kids pass voucher instead of the usual 4 month kids pass bundled with the box.

They mention that they are a new product line and are being sold with a one month shorter duration for an increased price.

Here's the Tesco link.

https://www.tesco.com/direct/search-results/results.page?catId=4294967294&searchquery=now+tv&SrchId=4294967294

I wonder if somebody from the NowTV can confirm if these are the new black box bundled voucher products for the entertainment and kids going forward and the existing 3 month entertainment voucher and 4 month kids voucher are being phased out ?

Or are all the different types of voucher duration passes currently sold by different Retailers are going to remain (very unlikely IMO) ?

If the current bundled box vouchers are being phased out, for these newer reduced voucher duration products then this option is becoming less attractive and also will cause further confusion on the forums (There is so may different types of vouchers now in circulation by NowTV it difficult to keep track).

I might be wrong, but i think i got a good idea why these new products with the reduced passes are now starting to show up at Retailers (only Tesco's at moment) i will keep my theory & thoughts to myself at the moment, until you come back here with your posted reply (I might be barking up the wrong tree).

I am also worried has a person who uses the voucher method, that sometime in the short term NowTV will make significant changes to your Gift cards by either reducing the voucher pass duration (again similar to the above) or hiking up the prices of these Gift cards.

Perhaps i am reading into this new product line wrongly and there is nothing to be concerned about for us voucher buyers (There is only so much i am prepared to pay for a streaming service and let's  hope that it doesn't reach a tipping point in my case).

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just checked the NowTV website page where you can purchase the boxes from the NowTV Store and apart from the entertainment and kids voucher pass has now been reduced by a month, also the cinema voucher pass with the black box is now only 1 month rather than the 2 months previously.

Lets hope that NowTV don't change the Gift cards in anyway for us voucher buyers. 

http://www.nowtv.com/box-bundles 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I am hoping the theory behind this product line up change is that NowTV are thinking interms of the environment and trying to discourage customers like me buying the unwanted boxes and taking advantage of the passes only.

For the record if this is the case i am fine with this, what my concerns are the next product to get the NowTV amendments with either the pass durations being reduced being sold at the same price or the prices increasing significantly are the paper or electronic Gift Card Codes.

Then if that is the case, these product line up changes have got nothing to do with the environment whatsoever. 

I suppose will have to wait and see what happens with the NowTV Gift cards in the short term future. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Like i said the acid test will be the paper and electronic gift card vouchers, if there is any significant changes in the short term, then you don't have to be a mind reader or be in the boardroom, you will know exactly the thought process of the NowTV / Sky Directors. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps The changes on the website pricing went through when the entertainment price increase was announced. Looks like retail stores are catching up , Argos have the newer packs listed alongside the older ones which I'm guessing are being phased out.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps

Well, I don't have insider knowledge but I imagine it's mainly to do with factoring the price increase on entertainment into things.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think the changes to the vouchers are already happening. On amazon the 6 month entertainment pass boxes disappeared but you could still buy 5 month vouchers for £25, I just noticed that these 5 month entertainment vouchers are "currently unavailable" and "we don't know know when or if they will be back". You can still get 3 month vouchers for £15 but I think it's only a matter of time before they either become 2 months or go up in price. Two months probably makes more sense given the price similarity to the new £7.99 monthly DD price

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @schnapps @Andy

If you want to longer term passes you can still get them from the following locations, but remember, you won't get a box with these , but given the price entertainment works out at 5 pounds per month and movies £7.50 per month. (If two-month movies/cinema pass is selected) Not getting a box may be a good thing if you already have one or two boxes.  

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=317783&articleId=317784&storeId=10151&merchname=TopNav-_-GiftCards-_-GiftCardHub

https://www.paypal-gifts.com/uk/ (you will need a PayPal account to get a voucher from here)

From both purchasing locations vouchers codes get emailed to you. Just remember to copy and paste the voucher codes into the my passes section NowTV website. It's much easier that waySmiley Wink

Something tells me @Andy already knows most of this Smiley Happy

I hope this helps everyone outSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.