cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Month but can't add a device - got an empty slot!

Hi

I don't usually change my devices, they are pretty much set. Last month though my kid changed a slot to one of hers. So this month, September, it was my intention to switch that slot back to my own device. 

I went to my account at the start of the month, and deleted her device, but when I went to add mine, it said I could not make any changes until October!

Can someone explain this please, have I misunderstood, or is their an issue here with managing devices?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The Now device limit is 4 devices of which you can watch on 2. They however understand that people have problems such as this. I would recommend you explain the situation and ask them to help you. I would also recommend that if you are getting help adding a device, you ask them to stay on line whilst you check the device is working. This will save you having to search for chat again

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I have 4 slots, and 3 have devices. It will not let me add a 4th device even though I have not added any devices this month at all.

Is there a suport phone number?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User no phone number but the quickest method is to jump on to Live Chat and explain your situation, they might be able to sort something out for you this month.
Visit http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices
and at the bottom will be a Contact Us button, from here Live Chat should be available (hours are 8am-midnight).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, but no live chat link visible. I'll look again tomorrow, thanks.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User did you click the red text at bottom of my post or link @Anonymous User provided?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah now, I went to http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices and the contact link at the foot of that page.

Thanks for hooking me up with the secret webchat link lol.

I got Desiree on support and she sorted me out in about 5 minutes.

Thanks for the link folks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok for the 2nd month running I hit the same issue.

NOWTV says I have 1 device change grant on my account, I remove one device and before I can add the replacement nowtv says "no more changes unti next month"

Either I am missing something here, or the device management is broken.

I contact chat support and got nowehere... here's the chat log - anyone have any ideas or confirm they have the same issue?

Me: i have a 4 device plan, i removed one device yesterday so that I could change it to a different device, but once i removed the device it said no more changes until december, so now i have an empty slot..?

HHAVILA: I know you must have been annoyed as you were not able to add the device to the list, let me get that fixed for you.

HHAVILA: Alistair, I've gone ahead and granted 3device changes on the account for you.

Me: ok thank you

Me: the same thing happened last time i went to change a device through the nowtv website. So am I doing something wrong, or is there something wrong with the system.

HHAVILA: As there was no grants available on your device limits, you were not able to add the device.

HHAVILA: So now has I've granted you will be able to add the device.

Me: yes, but on nowtv it says "Once you've reached your limit of four, you can replace one device every calendar month.", however everytime i go to change a device, once i remove a devicem the website says i cant add a device until next month, and I have to contact you... all ive done is remove 1 device, and it doesnt let me add a new device, doesnt seem right...?

HHAVILA: As there has been no grant changes on your account you will not be able to do that, so I've helped you with the device grants, Alistair.

Me: i dont understand what you mean by "there has been no grant changes on your account

"HHAVILA: You will be having a few free grants to change the device, once the grants have run out we will be able to grant you the grant changes on the account.

Me: i am allowed to change one device per month correct

?HHAVILA: Yes, Alistair.

Me: So can you tell me why I have been unable to do that for the last two months?

HHAVILA: As you have already used the grants on your account you were not able to add the new device.

Me: I do not recall using any grants in November. What does you records say I used a grant for in November?

HHAVILA: I'm sorry as there is no records for that.:(

Me: Okay, so today is the 3rd of November, Yesterday my account showed one device change grant was valid on my account. I removed one device and before I could add the replacement device, NOWTV said I could not add a device until December. Does that sound right to you?

HHAVILA: I know that doesn't sound pleasant, but not t worry you can add the device now to the list, as there has been devices granted on your account.

Me: if it happens again next time i need to change a device I'll let you know

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User what devices are you using? Also did you try adding whilst you were on chat? I highly recommend if you are getting device help, you ask chat to wait whilst you check it is working. Some devices when they update look like new devices.