cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV SCAM

Hello

Has anyone else been caught out by the NOW TV Scam?

Let me explain. You buy a NOW TV box which can come with say 3 months free entertainment subscription. However to use it you need to set up an account , during which you are asked for your credit/debit card details. I believe they say they wont charge you. However after 3 months your free subscription ends, and because auto renew is configured by default you are the charged  £6.99 for a month. You do have the option to cancel the subscription during the free trial which will switch off auto renew, but how many people know this? 3 months is a long time, how many people forget and then get charged £6.99 a month until they check there bank?

I brought this up with the NOW TV via webchat and got a scripted bull%$£" response.

Please be warned.

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User NOW TV at every stage explain that you will be charged after the three months. It's on the packaging, it appears when you enter the pass and it's included in the email they send you.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Yep, I agree with artesea. 

Indeed, I currently have a NOW TV 'Entertainment' box in my hand, and on the back it clearly says: -

"After pre-paid period, Entertainment Month Pass automatically renews at £6.99 pm until cancelled."

So there you have it....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What utter drivel, it is clearly stated it auto renews. Not sure how anyone can not understand that.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its a complete scam. I realized in June 2016 that I am charged for the service that I never used for last 6 months. I talked to some Now TV agent on the chat and he assured me that my account is cancelled now. And again i realized now that they were still deducting 9.99 every month till Dec 2016. 

Its a complete scam where they do not send any email communication as payment receipt so that customer doesnt get alarmed and take remedial action.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  if you had a chat with the Now online team, a record of that should be on your account.  I would go on to chat and ask them to look back at your records. please contact Now chat via this link

Contact Us...

they are open 8 - midnight

As for payment notification, it is something I agree that could be considered- maybe as an opt in option as not everyone will want an email every month telling them they have paid.  It is of course the responsibility of all of us to check what payments are coming out of our banks/off our credit cards.  Though a little reminder does help.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

This might be a good time to remind people of the following...

• All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) run for their full duration, even if they are cancelled after the first day.
  • All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) 'roll on' automatically if they're not cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'retention offer', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!
  • If your preference is to use 'voucher code passes', you'll need to submit your new pass before your current pass expires
  • 'Free trial' subscribers are notified by email that they will be charged unless they cancel their subscription(s) prior to their 'free trial' ending. So keep a look-out, including your spam/junk mail!
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the grey coloured 'Canel' button will not be accessible.
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the 'Apply voucher' button will not be accessible.
  • New NOW TV voucher code passes can be added within the last month of your current NOW TV services expiry date. The new pass will commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • Setting up a payment PIN on your NOW TV account is advised. As it will be prevent others from purchasing additional NOW TV services without your consent!
  • Cancelling your NOW TV subscription(s) has to be done 'officially' and correctly via your NOW TV account. And has to be done for each of the NOW TV services you have subscribed to. After which you will receive a confirmation email.
  • Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the NOW TV subscriber to manage their NOW TV account or accounts if you have them!

Cheers  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the static reminder. However, you have not addressed any of the issue listed by me. I CANCELLED the account in Jul 2016 then why am I supposed to MANAGE the account afterwards. Secondly, I got a confirmation yesterday that Now TV still deducted the amount from my card even after I CANCELLED the account and because of a TECHNICAL GLITCH they continued deducting the money (which the customer service agent agreed to refund eventually).

Nevertheless, review on TRUSTPILOT says it all about the service and experience of customer with Now TV. I am happy to disassociate myself with your services although it costed my dear sum of money while I realized the tactics.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

If "you" are referring to my post @Anonymous User....

Please be VERY AWARE that I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer just like you. And my NOW TV experience has been nothing but good!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had a 6 month voucher code rejected. Chat support claims it was redeemed Jan '17. Well I bought it June '17, go figure?  Unresolved and out of pocket. What more can I say?