cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Movies subscription

I've recently cancelled my subscription to movies as it's too expensive for me as I'm a student and can't afford it. I've had an email saying as I've already prepaid my pass doesn't run out till 8/11/15 but won't let me watch movies without buying another pass
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I've recently cancelled my subscription to movies as it's too expensive for me as I'm a student and can't afford it. I've had an email saying as I've already prepaid my pass doesn't run out till 8/11/15 but won't let me watch movies without buying another pass

Hi @Anonymous User

Did you cancel before your prepaid pass/voucher/offer was in its last month?

When you are on a prepaid pass/voucher/offer you cannot cancel until the last month of the voucher/offeer. Cancelling before the last month of the voucher/offer cancels the voucher/offer as well. This would be why you're being asked to buy another pass.

It's down to the way the vouchers are handled on the system. However, because of the way the vouchers are handled system can't charge you until the voucher term has been used up. Even when you're using a voucher you still move on to a new billing period at the start of every month. But when you're on a voucher/gift card you are billed Zero. When you cancel you are saying you do not want to continue to the next billing period.

If you are on a different kind of offer which are sometimes handed out by now TV themselves, you would be charged. Whatever the offer is each month

If you speak to live chat they might be able to re-enable it for you (note I say might) to get to live chat click here. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click "contact us" then click "live chat" please note in order to access live chat. You should really be using a laptop PC, desktop PC or Mac a mobile device may work, but is not guaranteed to do so.

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

PS I thought all the extra information above might be useful to youSmiley Happy 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Did you cancel before your prepaid pass/voucher/offer was in its last month?

When you are on a prepaid pass/voucher/offer you cannot cancel until the last month of the voucher/offeer. Cancelling before the last month of the voucher/offer cancels the voucher/offer as well. This would be why you're being asked to buy another pass.

It's down to the way the vouchers are handled on the system. However, because of the way the vouchers are handled system can't charge you until the voucher term has been used up. Even when you're using a voucher you still move on to a new billing period at the start of every month. But when you're on a voucher/gift card you are billed Zero. When you cancel you are saying you do not want to continue to the next billing period.

If you are on a different kind of offer which are sometimes handed out by now TV themselves, you would be charged. Whatever the offer is each month

If you speak to live chat they might be able to re-enable it for you (note I say might) to get to live chat click here. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click "contact us" then click "live chat" please note in order to access live chat. You should really be using a laptop PC, desktop PC or Mac a mobile device may work, but is not guaranteed to do so.

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

PS I thought all the extra information above might be useful to youSmiley Happy 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.