Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Movie pass lost by system

Hi

here's a warning

I bought a NOWTV box, went for the two free weeks trial. Before the end of the trial I applied a 2 month movie pass which was accepted by the system, it gave me a next payment date of the beginning of February. Thinking the pass was now useless as I had used it I threw it away

Yesterday I saw that NowTV had taken a payment from my bank. I went onto my account only to find that there was no trace of the voucher, it has disapeared. I contacted the helpline who want the voucher code before they can do anything. I have a receipt for the card, I have the card id number but I no longer have the voucher code because I threw the card away and the NowTV system lost it. NowTV help says to contact the shop where I bought it, but that is ridiculous as they are not in any way responsible for the problem and will not have access to any more details than I do

I see that I am not the only person this has happened to, the other person was fortunate to have kept the card

DON'T throw away the card until you have used up the time on it. NowTV are incapable or unwilling to find the voucher code from the card ID. Strangely the card voucher codes have a years expiry date from the date of purchase which can only work from the card ID number as this is what is scanned on the date of purchase. This makes me think its more a case of being unwilling.

regards

Tim

8 REPLIES 8
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Although you've had a bad experience, which I sympathise with. The moral of the story (to everyone reading this) is.... Always keep proof of your purchases!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still have proof of the purchase. But that isn't enough for NowTV. Like I said keep the card untill the end of its viewing date limit. Or keep a record of the code and a screen shot of it being accepted online. Basically don't trust NowTV. Thats what I'll be doing from now on untill I finish of the vouchers that I bought then its over to Amazon or Netflix

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

... then its over to Amazon or Netflix

Personsally speaking I've had very, very few issues with NOW TV. And none that have not been sorted quickly and amicably.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck when you move over to another media service provider...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

reply from help line this morning:

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for getting in tocuh with us!

I understand and don't deny that fact that you haven't applied the 2 months Sky Cinema pass voucher on the account but the issue is it was not applied on the account successfully.

I apologize if you felt that we are not ready to help but it's just that we need to go through some investigation as to find out from where have the voucher code been received and when it was purchased and moreover we require that voucher code to check in my system.

However, as more time has been consumed in solving this query, therefore, by the reference of the receipt that you have bought what I will do is I will give you a refund of £9.99 and will give you 1 month Sky Cinema pass voucher which compensates your 2 months Sky Cinema pass voucher.

1 month Sky Cinema pass voucher - ************

Please apply this voucher code on Pc or Mac wither on Mozilla Firefox/Internet Explorer/Safari browser.

How to apply vouchers http://help.nowtv.com/article/Apply-Voucher-Sky-Movies-Month-Pass

Hope this resolves your issue!

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you’re on chat give us your reference number 01636425.

Thanks,

Rahil

The NOW TV Team

That is better already, pity the first two I dealt with just told me to go and see Curry's,

Thank you Rahil

If it was not applied correctly why would it say that it was accepted and tell me that the next payment date was February. This to me says that there is a bug in the system and telling me that I did it wrong will not sort out the problem. There are other posts on this forum about this happening as well

I am grateful for the compensation and that resolves my problem. I do not think that the problem for NowTV has been resolved. My warning/advice still stands

regards

Tim

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

My warning/advice still stands

Indeed... Always keep proof of your purchases!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this happened to me but NOW were very good when i called them and they refunded the payment and re applied the voucher. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me. I bought 2 boxes from Currys. 1 with a 2 month Movie pass, 1 with a 3 month Entertainment pass. I signed up to Now as a new customer and bought 1 month Movies & 6 months Entertainment. I applied the Movie voucher to give me 3 months in total, specifically to get Movies through the Xmas period. To my surprise I have just been chaged £9.99 as my 1 month pass expired. No sign of ther other 2 months Movies!!! And of course, I have thrown away the voucher card as I had already 'used' it!!!

Needless to say, I have now cancelled Movies and Entertainment in advance, so I don't get stung again.

This issue aside, I do think Now TV is quite brilliant.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi GN

It's probably too late now but vanishing and incorrectly timed passes have happened before and because these things, along with other mishaps, though rare still happen so, as a savvy consumer, you should always takes steps to protect yourself.

Always remember, there is no such thing as a 100% foolproof system, bearing this in mind here are a few suggestions.

1) Whenever you add a pass to your account, and it's accepted, always take a screen print to confirm the pass exists and was accepted.

2) Whenever you buy or receive a pass, as part of a deal, always immediately check with Now TV's help chat that the pass is valid, activated and will still be active when you are ready to use it, do not wait until the last moment to do this.

3) If you find a fault with your pass/voucher after purchase then get back to the retailer, it will be their responsibility to supply you with valid pass, i.e. don't let them fob you off. 

4) Screen print any and all actions you take in your account, again this provides proof if and when needed.

5) Do not throw away your pass receipts until the passes are actually used up.

None of the above is carved in stone but, if followed, will help to mitigate problems if and when they occur,  I know they've saved my bacon a few times already, e.g. vanishing and invalid passes.

UK Bob