cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Money taken without authorisation

Given a 4 month gift card after already used 2 month trial and subscribed for a year. Card was cancelled so payment and subscription stopped in May 16. Used 4 month gift card in July 2016. Did not put in new card details as didnt need to and didnt say that after trial had to subscribe. 4 months ran out in Nov 2016. Feb 2017 9.99 payment taken and Now have somehow managed to update with my new card details on 30.1.17 without my consent or permission???
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you accept all the help

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried to chat online 3 times and keep being cut off with no answers??
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

According to 'NOW TV's Terms & Conditions', if you do not officially cancel the individual NOW TV services you've subscribed to they will 'roll on' automatically prior to any 'free trial', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring. Sufficed to say, asking your bank or credit/debit card company to stop making payments or replacing your debit/credit card does not provide official confirmation to NOW TV that you no longer require their services!

After officially cancelling your subscription or subscriptions (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account'), you will be been sent a confirmation email or emails. 

This being the case, provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get all (or a proportion) of your subscription payments returned/refunded to you by contacting a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility.

The easiest way of accessing 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

And just-so 'all' NOW TV customers know. Currently...

• All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) run for their full duration, even if they are cancelled after the first day.
  • All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) 'roll on' automatically if they're not cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'retention offer', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!
  • If your preference is to use 'voucher code passes', you'll need to submit your new pass before your current pass expires. The new pass will commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • 'Free trial' subscribers are notified by email that they will be charged unless they cancel their subscription(s) prior to their 'free trial' ending. So keep a look-out, including your spam/junk mail!
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the grey coloured 'Canel' button will not be accessible.
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the 'Apply voucher' button will not be accessible.
  • New NOW TV voucher code passes can be added within the last month of your current NOW TV services expiry date. The new pass will commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • Setting up a payment PIN on your NOW TV account is advised. As it will be prevent others from purchasing additional NOW TV services without your consent!
  • Cancelling your NOW TV subscription(s) has to be done 'officially' and correctly via your NOW TV account. And has to be done for each of the NOW TV services you have subscribed to. After which you will receive a confirmation email.
  • Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the NOW TV subscriber to manage their NOW TV account or accounts if you have them!
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User how did you cancel originally. Did you keep the email confirmation? The reason you got charged to new card assuming that it is with same bank is that continuous payments roll to new card when old one expires. It is same reason that if for example you pay your car insurance by card the monthly payment keeps going through when you get a new card.
I see you have tried chat. When you say cut off has the chat person cancelled the chat or has the link gone dead.
In my signature is the contact link for Now including email. Try that instead of chat. Post back if no response in a couple of days.
In the meantime go to your my account and cancel the passes. Follow through all the screens until you get a screen confirmation of cancellation and an email. Also set a payment pin.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. According to account info I used the 4 month free gift card which no where stated you need to cancel at end or will subscribe. It didnt ask for valid card details either. 27 July Aug Sept and Oct 2016 state 0 charge, there is nothing showing for Nov but then on the 9th Dec and 6th Jan it shows another 0 charge but I never entered another promotion, then on 30th Jan a 9.99 charge is made. Trading standards say that if bankor visa have given new card details it is a data protection concern. Plus who added those other promotions. I have not used the Now box since Oct/Nov as it wouldnt work and presumed 4 month gift run out. Very concerned that a company can get my new card details without my authorisation. When doing online chat, said only I can uodate card details and only i can enter a promotion, which i know i did neither????
Anonymous User
Not applicable

They have refunded my 9.99 but my concern is who updated my card details and who gave them my new card number and who entered the additional promotion in dec and jan again without my permission???
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User,

As you can imagine, peoples cards get lost/stolen/change number all the time and because of this there's a provision/process in place for any creditor to have any new card automatically authorized to continue any existing 'rolling' payment subscriptions.

Sufficed to say, if you no longer require NOW TV's services you will need to officially cancel it/them. After which you will recieve confirmation that it has/they have been cancelled.

Cheers

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @4268

Hi Sarah

I've come to this debate late and may have missed the point of this thread, however you asked, "Who entered the additional promotion in Dec and Jan again without my permission?", to that I would asked you, did you put a security "Pin number" on your NowTV account?

If you did not then you should look to your friends or family members that have access to your NowTV account.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for info. Ive never had this ever happen and have had cards expire/lost etc but always been contacted by the company to update details. Concerned by data protection issue. Regards people in my home, I am a single mother with 3 small children so the only person who has access is me and know 100% wasn't me. It all seems very suspicious to me that trying to cover till could get card details from bank or visa. No payment or record of anything in Nov when subscriprion should have carried on??
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Sarah

It may take a "Sherlock Holmes" type person to unravel the mystery surrounding your NowTV account but, for safety and security, you should pin your account.

UK Bob