cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Money taken from account without authorisation

Through the recent Chromecast offer I added the three months entertainment pass to an existing Now TV account I haven't used in a while. It applied suucesfully. On the home page there was an option to add 30 days free trial for the movie pass. I took that out and immediately cancelled so that after the free trial I would not be charged. However I have just looked at my bank statement and have been charged £8.99 for the trial which was meant to be free. At no point during the sign up process did it mention that the free trial wasn't free and that I would be charged. For online purchases using my bank card I always have to go through the verified by visa step. This didn't even happen. I've spoken to someone on the live chat and they insist that I've been charged because its an existing account rather than a new one. They couldn't offer an explanation as to why in that case was I offered the free trial and why at any point wasn't I told that I would be charged for the 'free' trial as it was an existing account.
75 REPLIES 75
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I noticed I have been charged £9.99 for a movies pass that I thought I had cancelled the month prior. After getting no where with the customer service team I cancelled it again and I noticed you have to click the cancel button more than once, which might be where I went wrong. Nevertheless I am not happy and feel like I've been tricked. I'll steer well clear of anything owned by NowTV/SKY in future.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

After getting no where with the customer service team I cancelled it again and I noticed you have to click the cancel button more than once, which might be where I went wrong...

Indeed... Like most other service providers, NOW TV does not offer a 'one click' cancellation service.

There's a questionnaire (asking questions such as: "why are you leaving us?"). And then there could be a retention offer. All of which is normal business practice!

As I mentioned before. If the 'cancellation' process has been completed correctly, you will receive a confirmation email from NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi i have been using now tv for a while i started on direct debit and then cancelled and now just use prepaid cards but every time i use one the month after now tv take a bank payment out what can i do to stop this happening

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

hi i have been using now tv for a while i started on direct debit and then cancelled and now just use prepaid cards but every time i use one the month after now tv take a bank payment out what can i do to stop this happening

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just-so-you-know... NOW TV do not offer 'direct debit' transfers from your bank, you can only pay them using a debit or credit card.

All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) 'roll over' automatically if they're not officially cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'retention offer', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!

The good news is, if you officially cancelled your NOW TV subscriptions (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account') and followed the cancellation procedure in full, NOW TV would have sent you a confirmation email of your cancellation request(s). Provided you have this email claiming back any money NOW TV have taken in error should be a straight forward procedure by contacting a NOW TV representative.

If however you have not officially cancelled, provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get all (or a proportion) of your subscription payments returned/refunded to you by contacting a NOW TV representitive.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's all a load of balls!!! I cancelled months ago and I've been paying ever since!! Really ###### me off big time!! And to make it worse it appears to me they make it easy for now tv to get away with this! No numbers to complain to and customer problems! The fact is they can make more money and the harder it gets for people to cancel? The less likely chance of people getting there money back!!! Now tv is dog ######
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User when did you realise you were still being charged? Now does have a Facebook site if you hadn't found this. Most companies do, personally I find it it a very useful way of getting in touch with them.  Going back to your issue, you can contact Now here via chat and they can process a refund.  Do you still have the email confirmation of cancellation?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.