cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Money taken from account without authorisation

Through the recent Chromecast offer I added the three months entertainment pass to an existing Now TV account I haven't used in a while. It applied suucesfully. On the home page there was an option to add 30 days free trial for the movie pass. I took that out and immediately cancelled so that after the free trial I would not be charged. However I have just looked at my bank statement and have been charged £8.99 for the trial which was meant to be free. At no point during the sign up process did it mention that the free trial wasn't free and that I would be charged. For online purchases using my bank card I always have to go through the verified by visa step. This didn't even happen. I've spoken to someone on the live chat and they insist that I've been charged because its an existing account rather than a new one. They couldn't offer an explanation as to why in that case was I offered the free trial and why at any point wasn't I told that I would be charged for the 'free' trial as it was an existing account.
75 REPLIES 75
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When one signs with NOWTV one has to provide card details to activate the account albeit no money is taken.

Effectively this is a Continous Authority so Verified by Visa would not apply as it does with single purchases.

It does seem that, as an existing customer, you shouldn't have been offered a free trial. I assume this one from website.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply. I understand about needing to provide card details for activation. However they did not simply use it for that; instead they took £8.99 from it without my permission. The online chat people tried to tell me that as an existing customer I shouldn't have been offered a free trial of the movies. But the fact of it is that I was offered it and I decided to take it. If I had somehow known that I would be found afterwards not to have been eligible for it and that they would then proceed to take money from my bank account, then I would not have taken the 'free' trial. If sky offer you something for free and then decide that they shouldn't have offered it to you and rather than asking you whether you want to proceed with the paid subscription or cancel, they simply decide to take your money, it is downright wrong. In the grand scheme of things £8.99 isn't a lot of money, but it is my money which sky took and took based on them offering me something for free.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Now tv is taking money from my account monthly ..Iam not on any subscription
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Sorry to see that you've got a problem

You can try to resolve this using Live Chat

Normally, when you post on forum, you'll receive an email from a staff member who'll help you.

Account matters won't be discussed in open forum

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Have a look at your My Account to make sure a pass isn't still active. If you can see an active pass, you'll need to click the CancelPass button next to it and go through all the steps until you receive the confirmation message at the very end. If you can't see any active passes then you might have another account that the charges are coming form instead. See the following for help

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Cancelled-but-still-being-charged
Anonymous User
Not applicable

did you manage to stop them.

It is fraud and i have the same problem 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

did you manage to stop them.

It is fraud and i have the same problem 

How is it fraud @Anonymous User? You provided your card details and signed up to keep paying until cancelled, which you can do in a few clicks by visiting My Account

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Let me explain how fraud works. If you cancel a contract and the money
still comes out of your account, thats fraud.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got the same or nearly the problem. We signed up for the trial 30 days. I received emails that there is an issue with my card that I should solve otherwise I wouldnt have a the free trial ect. I couldn't be bothered so wasn't even able to do the trial 30 Day's. that was in August. I'm just aware of that, that Nowtv already charged me 3month sep/oct/Nov £9.99 each month . I tried everything. I cant login to Nowtv fom our TV. When I try it ,it says "you either haven't registered to payment Details or your payment details have expired. Please visit nowtv.com. I have to go to my Bank now and cancel it somehow. I'm not very happy