cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Money taken from account without authorisation

Through the recent Chromecast offer I added the three months entertainment pass to an existing Now TV account I haven't used in a while. It applied suucesfully. On the home page there was an option to add 30 days free trial for the movie pass. I took that out and immediately cancelled so that after the free trial I would not be charged. However I have just looked at my bank statement and have been charged £8.99 for the trial which was meant to be free. At no point during the sign up process did it mention that the free trial wasn't free and that I would be charged. For online purchases using my bank card I always have to go through the verified by visa step. This didn't even happen. I've spoken to someone on the live chat and they insist that I've been charged because its an existing account rather than a new one. They couldn't offer an explanation as to why in that case was I offered the free trial and why at any point wasn't I told that I would be charged for the 'free' trial as it was an existing account.
75 REPLIES 75
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I recently got a now tv box. I have three months free with it. I was also offered the movie channels for a certain length of time, with an option of taking it up when the free period expired.  That period has not expired and I dont think that I recieved this optio so far? You have taken money from my current account. I have not received the 'free' movie channels and you had no right to take money.  it was misleading and theft at the least. Help please.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

All brand new NOW TV subscribers are elegible for a 'free 14-day trial' in-addition to applying any supplied voucher code passes. This being the case, are you 100% sure that you actually applied the voucher pass code that was supplied either within your NOW TV box or as part of an e-mail offer?

If you purchased a NOW TV branded product, the voucher code pass comes in the form of a small card with a silver 'scratch-off' strip on its rear side 😉

Anyway, in order to check which NOW TV services are currently active I suggest that while you're logged onto this forum (using the log-in details as your playback device) you click on the following: View my bills link. Where you'll find everything itemised.

Please note that all monthly NOW TV subscription(s) 'roll on' automatically if they're not officially cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'retention offer', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi
I purchased Now Tv from Argos and received 12 months pass for entertainment pass.
I then purchased movies for 1 month and cancelled however money still came out.
Ive now just been charged a further £6.99 fpr nothing. I would like a refund plz
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I purchased Now Tv from Argos and received 12 months pass for entertainment pass....

A 12 months 'Entertainment' voucher pass! Are you sure? As far as I'm aware the longest duration 'Entertainent' voucher pass is 6 months.

That being said, when did you purchase your NOW TV vouchers? Did they come bundled with a NOW TV playback device? If so which one?

Are you 100% sure that you correctly applied the voucher pass code(s)?

By the way. A 'Cinema' roll-over pass costs £9.99 per month and an 'Entertainment' roll-over pass costs £6.99 per month...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I never authorised for the renewal of entertainment package. To be honest never use it. I purchased 1 month of movies realised how bad the selection was and cancelled it straight away but 2nd months money came out. The cancelling process is very confusing as the wording on the page makes you believe you have cancelled when in fact theres another buttonto press so i would like both the6 6.99 and the 9.99 refunded. Im on benefits and can't afford to pay for these. Thank you
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Can you confirm the method you used to cancel the NOW TV services. And the device you used to do it on please?

After officially cancelling each one of your subscriptions, NOW TV will send confirmation by email.

Cheers

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User@SeeMoreDigital

Hi @Anonymous User

I'm getting the impression from your post that you are somewhat confused about NowTV's cancellation process and whether you have really completed the process.

First, you cannot cancel your NowTV subscription or get a refund by posting in this forum, which cannot deal with account related matters.

The forum membership, who are NowTV customers like yourself, can advise you on technical issues and usage matters based on their own knowledge and experience.

To resolve both problems you must contact Live Chat on the following URL:

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Supported-devices

Once you have explained your problems you should be able to get the results you want.

Good luck

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi I used my phone.

The problem was the screen just told me sorry you have left and i hadnt realised there was another button to confirm, very misleading.

I didnt want to renew either
ukbobboy
Legend

Unfortunately @Anonymous User

The best way to deal with account transactions online is to use a PC or Mac, phones or tablets just don't have the screen resolution to do the job (despite what the manufacturers and sellers say).

Personally, I would never use my smart phone or tablet to conduct any type of financial transaction.

UK Bob

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

Unless your NOW TV subscription is directly through Apple (via an iTunes account) or you've received a NOW TV promotional offer through Vodafone. The easiest way to cancel your NOW TV subscriptions is by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users might require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Log onto your NOW TV account via this forum using the same log-in details as your NOW TV playback device.
  • Then click on the grey coloured 'Canel' button which is located within each of the NOW TV services you have subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Cinema, Kids, Sport). You should see something like this: -

Cancellations.PNG

• A new "We hate saying goodbye" web page will be displayed.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the web page.
  • Click on the purple coloured 'I don't want my contract free pass' button on the bottom right of the web page.
  • Follow the remainder of on-screen instructions/questionnaires and retention offers, if any...

If the above mentioned 'cancellation' process has been completed correctly, you will receive a confirmation email from NOW TV.

Cheers

And just-so 'all' NOW TV customers know. Currently...

• All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) and free-trials, run for their full duration, even if they are officially cancelled after the first day.
  • All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) 'roll on' automatically if they're not officially cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'retention offer', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!
  • If your preference is to use 'voucher code passes', you'll need to submit your new pass before your current pass expires. The new pass will commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • 'Free trial' subscribers are notified by email that they will be charged unless they cancel their subscription(s) prior to their 'free trial' ending. So keep a look-out, including your spam/junk mail!
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the grey coloured 'Canel' button will not be accessible.
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the 'Apply voucher' button will not be accessible.
  • New NOW TV voucher code passes can be added within the last month of your current NOW TV services expiry date. The new pass will commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • Setting up a 'Payment PIN' code on your NOW TV account is advised. As it will be prevent others from purchasing additional NOW TV services without your consent!
  • Cancelling your NOW TV subscription(s) has to be done officially and correctly via your NOW TV account. And has to be done for each of the NOW TV services you have subscribed to. After which you will receive a confirmation email.
  • Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the NOW TV subscriber to manage their NOW TV account or accounts if you have them!