cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Money taken from account without authorisation

Through the recent Chromecast offer I added the three months entertainment pass to an existing Now TV account I haven't used in a while. It applied suucesfully. On the home page there was an option to add 30 days free trial for the movie pass. I took that out and immediately cancelled so that after the free trial I would not be charged. However I have just looked at my bank statement and have been charged £8.99 for the trial which was meant to be free. At no point during the sign up process did it mention that the free trial wasn't free and that I would be charged. For online purchases using my bank card I always have to go through the verified by visa step. This didn't even happen. I've spoken to someone on the live chat and they insist that I've been charged because its an existing account rather than a new one. They couldn't offer an explanation as to why in that case was I offered the free trial and why at any point wasn't I told that I would be charged for the 'free' trial as it was an existing account.
75 REPLIES 75
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear you've had issues with being wrongly charged. I will send you an e-mail now, keep an eye out on your account.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I applied for the movie pass at the end of last year.

What I did not apply for was an entertainment pass. I was charged for the entertainment pass for 5 months until I noticed.

I have tried numerous times to contact them.

Last month I discovered I was charged for another pass I did not ask for.

What is going on? This must be happening to thousands of people. Think how much they are raking in from thousands of account daily. Add that up at the end of the month and now tv have a tidy fortune milked from poor unfortunate ignorant customers.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I suggest you visit your 'My Account' and access 'View my bills' which will tell you when the 'Entertainment' service was first activated. It was probably started as a 'free trial' and not officially cancelled.

That being said, provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get all (or a proportion) of your subscription payments returned/refunded to you by contacting a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

think Now tv is a crap service i hate them i cant contact the #### to make a compliant so i am doing this

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its fraud and it happens to most of your customers including me i have cancelled it and blocked the transaction at my bank and you still manage to get money from me

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Its fraud and it happens to most of your customers including me i have cancelled it and blocked the transaction at my bank and you still manage to get money from me

Hmmm...

Sadly very few people who issue complaints on this forum come back and admit 'their' mistakes. Such as: -

• They did not officially cancel their NOW TV subscriptions.
  • They forget to officially cancel 'each' one of their NOW TV subscriptions.
  • They did not officially cancel their NOW TV subscriptions via their active NOW TV account.
  • They reactivate one or more of their NOW TV subscriptions and don't bother to officially cancel them again.

Sufficed to say, when people officially cancel their NOW TV subscriptions, they will be sent a confirmation email or emails. And provided you have such emails you have nothing to worry about should anything actually go wrong!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had money taken off my credit card ever since it was installed. I obviously can't get hold of a person to sort this - not sure what I can do.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hi 🙂

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Cancelled-but-still-being-charged

Click the link and the green contact us button at the bottom. The next page will have a live chat option. There you can speak to a team member to check what has happened.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If One makes a One time payment then One should not be charged One time payments for the rest of their lives should One 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User when you sign up to NOW TV it is mentioned multiple times that it's a reoccurring payment until cancelled. If you wish to complain this help page will get you started http://help.nowtv.com/article/Make-a-complaint