cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Kids Month Pass added but not requested

I have today received an email informing me that I now have a kids pass free for 4 months which then becomes a monthly subscription.

As I don't have children, I have no use for a kids TV pass and didn't request it.

I have logged into my account and cancelled it but I'm curious as to how it might have been activated in the first place, especially as I don't even have a current, valid payment method registered to the account?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Who was the email from?  Can you paste it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The email came from the address NOREPLY   at     mppglobal.com

The message was as follows:

Congratulations, you’ve just got your hands on a Kids Pass and now have a front row seat to the best kids entertainment live and on demand. Get ready to lose yourself in a world of colourful characters.

Your special offer gives you the Kids Pass for £0.00 a month for 4 Months, When your offer ends the entertainment keeps rolling for just £2.99 a month. Here's your order:

Order Reference: ************
Order Date: 18-Dec-2017
Today's Payment: £ 0.00

Our month-by-month pass has no contract, giving you the complete freedom to dip in and out whenever you like.

Happy watching!

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same here. i got the email shown below (from [email removed]) . i have never ordered anything. there are a few other people on this forum who have also had this happen to them

either NOW TV have been hacked or they are giving away 'free' passes to people and hoping they don't notice they will start paying for them after a few months

------------------

Congratulations, you’ve just got your hands on an Entertainment Month Pass. So you’ll soon be losing yourself in a world of gripping plots and colourful characters. 

Your Entertainment Month Pass gives you:

•Over 250 box sets

•The latest episodes on Live TV and Catch Up

•11 of the best pay TV channels out there

Your special offer gives you the Entertainment Month Pass for £0.00 a month for 3 Months, When your offer ends it's just £7.99 a month. Here's your order: 

Order Reference: XXXredactedXXXXXXX

Order Date: 17-Dec-2017

Today's Payment: £ 0.00

We’ll be in touch soon with some top TV picks to get you started, but until then, happy watching. 

The NOW TV Team

You can’t reply to this email, but if you do want to get in touch you can find us at NOW TV Help. 

Entertainment Month Pass: At the end of your offer, Entertainment Month Pass automatically renews at £7.99 a month unless cancelled and you can stop renewal at any time. Currently not available on YouView. Not all content available on catch up or live channels. For content we cannot show on live channels see slating information here. Shows only available on catch up for up to 30 days from date first shown. 

NOW TV: 18+. UK Only. Content streamed. Requires broadband/3G (charges may apply). Register up to four compatible devices, and watch on two at the same time. Device changes limited to one per month. Some content unavailable on live channels and/or some devices. See here for device compatibility requirements. For content/device restrictions read the FAQs. The full NOW TV terms and conditions of service can be found at: http://watch.nowtv.com/terms 

General Information: NOW TV is powered by Sky and is a trading name of Sky UK Limited (registered number: 02906991) of Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, UK, TW7 5QD. Email: [email removed]. Our UK VAT number is: 440 6274 67. Prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) 

Cancellation period for any content passes: You have the right to cancel your purchase of a NOW TV content pass, and receive a full refund without giving any reason, any time up to 14 days (“cooling off period”) from the later of: (a) the date of purchase; (b) the date of delivery (for content passes which are redeemed using a voucher code we send you or you have purchased as part of a bundle); or (c) receipt of this notice, except where: You activated a Sky Sports Day Pass or a Sky Sports Week Pass and agreed at that point that you lost the right to cancel or You purchased or activated a Sky Cinema Month Pass, an Entertainment Month Pass or a Sky Sports Month Pass and agreed at that point you lost the right to cancel. 

How to cancel inside your cooling off period: If you change your mind and wish to cancel your purchase during your cooling off period, just visit the Help section of our site to let us know. You must give your name, NOW TV username (if you have one), e-mail address in order to cancel your order. If you cancel using the online cancellation form found on nowtv.com, we will send you an acknowledgement of receipt by e-mail. 

Effects of cancellation: If you cancel during your cooling off period we will refund to you all payments received from you, including any delivery costs. 

Refunds: We will make any refund due to you (less any deductions due to us) without undue delay and not later than the earliest of 14 days from the date you notify us of your decision to cancel. We will make the refund using the same means of payment that you used when you placed your order, unless you have agreed otherwise. 

How to cancel outside of cooling off period: If you wish to cancel your purchase outside of the cooling off period (for example, you have purchased a Sky Cinema Month Pass or Entertainment Month Pass and wish to stop your pass from automatically renewing) just visit the Help section of our site for full details of how to do this. See: http://help.nowtv.com/article/Cancel-NOW-TV 

These cancellation rights do not affect your legal rights. If you require any advice on your legal rights, you can refer to: http://www.adviceguide.org.uk. 

Functionality and Compatibility of NOW TV devices: NOW TV employs technologies such as digital rights management and copy protection to control the play back and copying of digital content provided by NOW TV. 

NOW TV does not currently support connection of mobile devices to your TV e.g. AirPlay 

NOW TV supports the following devices and operating systems:

PC (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 including tablet devices); Mac (OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later); Apple iOS (iPhone: 3GS, 4, 4S & 5, iPad 2 and above, iPod Touch: 4th Generation or later - All iOS devices are supported with iOS 8 or later); Games Consoles (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4); Set-top Boxes (YouView (Sky Cinema Pass on demand content only), Roku: LT (Purple), XS & 1, 2, 3 (Black), NOW TV Box, EE Box); Smart Devices (LG Selected 2012, 2013 and 2014 LG Smart TV models, LG 2013 Blu-Ray, Sound Bars); Android (Phones and Tablets running Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and later). 

Android Recommended Device Specification for Now TV app Specs: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich or above, 1.0 Ghz, 1GB RAM, 480x800 Screen Resolution, Disable any 'Eye Tracking' features on your device (Smart Stay / Screen). 

NOW TV does not support Kindle Fire HD and Wii devices 

Complaints: We appreciate that sometimes things go wrong and you may experience problems with NOW TV. When this happens, we want to make sure we resolve your problems as quickly as possible. 

If you would like to make a complaint, please go to http://help.nowtv.com/article/Make-a-complaint and click on Contact Us. Our team is available on Live Chat and e-mail from 8am - Midnight, seven days a week, and will help you through your complaint each step of the way. 

NOW TV is a trading name of Sky UK Limited (registered number 02906991) of Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, United Kingdom, TW7 5QD. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Sorry about this, I will escalate this for you now and get this resolved, can you double check your account tha the pass has not been added, if it has and you do not wish to have it please cancel through the my passes section in your account. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your messages on this.

We identified a glitch in our website where customers thought they’d applied vouchers for a NOW TV Pass included in their NOW TV Box bundles to their accounts, but hadn’t.

To make sure no one missed out on what they purchased, customers who have activated their NOW TV Box but not applied their voucher have now had this automatically added for them.

As always, customers can cancel before their renew date via ‘My Account’ once logged in.

If you need any further help please reach out to one of our agents via webchat here

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

We’re very sorry for the confusion this has caused.

We identified that some customers have had problems applying vouchers for a NOW TV Pass included in their NOW TV Box bundles to their accounts. To make sure no one missed out on what they purchased, customers who have activated their NOW TV Box but not applied their voucher have now had an additional matching voucher automatically added for them.

Please be assured Auto-renew will be turned off and you will not be charged at the end of the voucher period.

We’re sorry again for the confusion.

NOW TV Team