cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Introductory offer for returning customer

Hi All,

I was a customer a few years ago but found at the time I simply couldn't afford to continue the subscription so cancelled it and stopped using the box.

I saw an advert recently that led me to this page http://www.nowtv.com/pass-bundles/ which has re-ignited my interest in the service. 

I'd be very interested in signing up with this 6-month offer however it requires me to set up a new account.
I do understand that this is listed as an 'introductory' offer, however, I assumed that as someone who hasn't used the service for 2+ years this would apply to myself?

Is there any way to getting this offer as a returning customer?

TIA

N

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If i was in your shoes, i would contact nowtv live chat and explain to them that you are a previous customer from the past and you noticed the introductory offer on their website and would be interested re subscribing to the NowTV service if they can offer you the same deal.

There is no harm in asking and i am sure they would prefer you talking to them rather than you just walking away.

Here's the link to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/cancelled-but-want-to-subscribe-again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @schnapps ill give that link a try 😊
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just off the chat, they couldn't do anything to match the new customer offer. 😞

Guess i'll stick with my plusnet tv for now then.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sorry about that at least you tried.

Was you interested in the entertainment pass, cinema pass or both for 6 months ?

Have you considered buying nowtv voucher passes from places like Currys etc, they are currently slightly dearer but cheaper in the long run than paying a monthly subscription cost ?

Also, keep your eye out during the Black Friday Sales for the nowtv boxes including the bundled voucher passes where in the past i have picked up some extremely good deals for the vouchers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah no worries @schnapps not your fault.

Yeah it was the entertainment and movies for 6months, came in just over £50 on the bundle.

I didn't realise you could get passes from Currys. Had a quick look and they've got 5 months of entertainment for £25, not as cheap as the new customer offer but still cheaper than full subscription, + zeek have 2% off Currys gift cards 🙂

I've just dusted off my old box (the original white one)  and updated it, I assume it will work fine for now, or would there be a benefit to upgrading it?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You can try your white nowtv box and see how it goes, however a lot of white nowtv box owners on here have been reporting that the older white box since the latest software updates from NowTV are crashing or failing to work properly.

The same is happening with the catch up TV Apps, where the white box seems to be struggling due to lack of processing power & memory under the hood for the ever evolving power hungry apps.

I know a couple posters over on the HotUK Deals website have mentioned that Asda and Sainsbury's are currently selling the newer nowtv black box with either the 3 month entertainment or 2 month cinema bundled voucher pass for £15 which seems like the best deals around at the moment.

Not sure if these are national or store specific deals, but if you normally shop at either of these two Supermarkets then maybe check them out (don't make a special trip though just in case they are not available at your local store).

If you find that your white box is working fine in your particular case, then maybe wait until the Black Friday Sales to pick up the newer black nowtv box with a bundled voucher pass at hopefully a reduced price (can't guarantee if there will be any super deals though).

Also, keep an eye out on the forum here where members normally post any NowTV box bundled voucher pass deals from Retailers such has Currys, Argos etc, and maybe keep looking at the HotUK Deals website where from time to time NowTV deals seem to crop up. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Set the old box up last night and used a 3-month pass from Currys to get started. 
So far so good, haven't tried the catch-up apps but got a Chromecast that covers them anyway so isn't something I'll be needing to use. 

Will keep peeled for an offer on a new box though, sounds like the upgrade is worth it in the  long run 🙂

Cheers for all your help @schnapps