cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm being ripped off

I have just discovered that Now TV have been charging me 9.99 a month every month since September 2014 for a movie package I didn't want and have never used. I have only ever used the day pass for the odd sports event. Not only do they refuse to investigate how this was activated, by who and when but they refuse to refund the money!! I have had to start legal proceedings against them. My advice is don't, ever, give this lot your card details or if you do keep a very close eye on your bank account because they will take money, unauthorised and then refuse to pay it back.

39 REPLIES 39
ukbobboy
Legend

@SeeMoreDigital

Hi SMD

But you got to admit, his voucher usage method is very good, almost brilliant Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

UK Bob

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

But you got to admit, his voucher usage method is very good, almost brilliant Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Hmmm... It's hardly 'his' voucher usage method... 

ukbobboy
Legend

@SeeMoreDigital

Hi again SMD

Well, it's debatable who was first but @Schnapps did articulate and share his findings with this forum.

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Makes him first in my book.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy IMHO there are better offers when you cancel or get the now emails.  I ended up selling movie/ents vouchers before they expired on eBay because I kept getting 2/3 months for £5 and 3 for the price of 1.  And one of the problems with vouchers is they can tie you in for up to 6 months, which when they stop streaming the likes of GoT, Westworld and The Wire, makes you wonder why you bothered when you end up watching Sex and The City....

I think it's best to be flexible. I wouldn't prescribe any particular method.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Well CE

I can't argue with that, whichever option we choose, and we're happy with it, then that's really the point.

Catch you later.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy wrote:

4) If other forum members find or develop a new way to save money and share that method with the wider membership then I shall be incorporating that as well.

@ukbobboy

To contradict the whole voucher approach somewhat, what I do is when it hits the last 30 days is cancel to go through the cancellation process and see if Now TV make me an offer I can't refuse like 3 months for the price of 1.  Unfortunately the last time I did this I has a 4 month cinema pass which was about to expire so I couldn't take up the offer.

Sometimes when you cancel, Now will send you an email a few weeks later to get you back with an offer you can't refuse.  

I tend to just have Entertainment or Movies rather than both.  So I will binge watch series like Game of Thrones or Walking Dead and watch no movies, but when there are no decent TV series, watch movies galore.  Taking 3 or 4 months out of movies tends to give me a pile of movies to watch

And there are sports passes that are handed out.  The last one I got was a weekly pass just for downloading the 11versus11 app.  Which I have to apply by the end of January, so the free day pass I got for the golf this summer will be activated on Sunday 22 January for a self indulgent day with 3 premier league games.  Just gotta figure a way to have Mrs. ClockEnd out of the house and not spend all the money I would have saved Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

The cancel method is what i have done since day one. The most i have ever paid for Ent pass is £3.50 or £4.49 for the movies. Maybe ive been lucky with the offers but i think the key is to cancel just before the expiry 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Raevelyn wrote:

@Anonymous User

The cancel method is what i have done since day one. I most i have ever paid Ent pass is £3.50 or £4.49 for the movies. Maybe ive been lucky with the offers but i think the key is to cancel just before the expiry 🙂

@Anonymous User I never let any pass automatically renew and always get an incentive to stay.  Then it's just a case of whether is best to use the voucher or take the deal.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserYep defiantly 🙂

I'm with Sky for my internet, which of course is contract but each year at the end of my contract i log into my account on the Sky website and press the cancel button then an i get an offer to stay for another year at half price, if not less. This is why i have no interest in the combo package, it would cost me so much more.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am responsible for my account, I am not responsible for people taking unauthorised money from it. Next time someone punches you in the face don't forget to blame yourself for getting your head in the way. Fool.