cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Help with credit card authorisation

I'm a new customer I have set up an account with a three month pass but can't go any further because it says my credit card needs authorised with a payment of 10pence. My box when I login says it's invalid with a code 0029 and a message stated oops something went wrong we are working on it please come back later. 

How long does it take for now tv to authorise my card and account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you for getting back to me 

yes i have available funds in my account. and they still havnt authenticated it. i have been into my bank this morning and taking money out so there is defently money in. 

i get the error code 000026 or something like that

this is realy frustrating as i missed the first game of thrones season

i bought my box from argos yesterday off my credit card in a hope this box would connect me to sky atlantic

problem is im registerd disabled and have had to come out the house this morning and take a trip to the library 8 miles away from home so i could use a pc on mozilla firefox as customer service recommended which is just displaying the same message 

so why have nowtv not even bothered to sort this out and authenticate my box i spent a minimum of 8 hours talking to the live customer service to three diffrent people going around in circles ive done nothing wrong on my part i know how to set up the nowtv box

so this is down to nowtv. 

are argos selling a boxes that are invalid. im going to give them a call when im finished here in the library and let them know the box they have sold me is useless and the support team are as much use as a wet paper bag.

i dont mean to be rude but this is now getting ridiculus 

how hard can it be to press a button and authenticate my nowtv box. my bank is active i use it everyday.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Normally it's straight away, try checking your payment details on the website to make sure they are correct. You can do that on your My Account > Payment Details page

https://account.nowtv.com/payment-details

The 10p is only reserved not actually taken so make sure there is credit available on the card to cover this check. More details on the issue here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/why-wasnt-my-payment-authorised

and if it's still not accepting it try popping onto live chat so they can check what the problem is. You can get to live chat here

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/why-wasnt-my-payment-authorised

You wont be able to sign into your box until the payment details have been accepted on the website.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have replied to your message below and pressed the solved button by mistake

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User can you look into this for @Anonymous User? @Anonymous User Nadine is Now staff so should be able to see what the problem is. She will probably acknowledge here and then email you.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 @Anonymous User

Hi Can you try this link for us please? 

http://www.nowtv.com/activate

If this doesnt work let us know and we will email you with further assistance.

thanks the Nowtv Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

elp us to keep your card safe online We need to authorise your card by taking a small payment of just £0.10 which we'll refund straight away. This is to make things extra secure for you. 

It's the same message I get every time again I used your link put in all my details card voucher ect address ticked the terms and it's still not working.

My husband is on the phone to argos and they can't refund me for the nowtv box because I scratched out the code. So ATM he is on hold looks like a trip to cab tomorrow

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User silly question but you did you a card with available funds.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you for getting back to me 

yes i have available funds in my account. and they still havnt authenticated it. i have been into my bank this morning and taking money out so there is defently money in. 

i get the error code 000026 or something like that

this is realy frustrating as i missed the first game of thrones season

i bought my box from argos yesterday off my credit card in a hope this box would connect me to sky atlantic

problem is im registerd disabled and have had to come out the house this morning and take a trip to the library 8 miles away from home so i could use a pc on mozilla firefox as customer service recommended which is just displaying the same message 

so why have nowtv not even bothered to sort this out and authenticate my box i spent a minimum of 8 hours talking to the live customer service to three diffrent people going around in circles ive done nothing wrong on my part i know how to set up the nowtv box

so this is down to nowtv. 

are argos selling a boxes that are invalid. im going to give them a call when im finished here in the library and let them know the box they have sold me is useless and the support team are as much use as a wet paper bag.

i dont mean to be rude but this is now getting ridiculus 

how hard can it be to press a button and authenticate my nowtv box. my bank is active i use it everyday.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

sorry i have not accepted a solution i pressed the wrong button by mistake

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is the message i get on an samsung edge. a iphone 6s and lenovo tab2 a samusng pc on mozilla firefox and a lenovo tab3

Help us to keep your card safe online

We need to authorise your card by taking a small payment of just £0.10 which we'll refund straight away. This is to make things extra secure for you.