cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free month rip off

I received a 1 month free trial code which I set up and started. After 2 weeks you charged me £17.99 ? I’ve spoken to live chat twice and neither representative could explain the difference between 2 weeks and a month and basically said it’s tough. I have photos of the voucher and the now tv account page showing a MONTH which is generally 28-31 days. So unless the months of the year have been shortened secretly can you explain why you have taken money 2 weeks to soon and how quickly it will be returned. I can’t believe how money people on here are complaining of the same and similar scams and I am in the process of taking this much much further.
7 REPLIES 7
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Now trials are two weeks for entertainment, movies and kids. You can then get vouchers or codes that allow you to watch for a month or several months. Where was the code you got from? What type of pass was it for? It seems you have done the trials for both Entertainment and Movies.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

He clearly understands that you moron, but it's scam as no one who buys a product with a months free pass would believe that that halfway through thatbmonth they would start paying for the free trial ending as the company offering need to factor in that if they are going to give a pass then it will supersede the 14day free trial. The 14 day free trial and month passes are designed to do the same thing in drawing in the new customer. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The month pass was from game with a purchase, it clearly states 1 month free both on the voucher and on my now tv account/pass section which I have screen shots of as proof. Live chat is useless twice they have not answered my question and how can you say it seems I have done both trials if you can’t see my account info ? You lot are full of ###### hence the reason for taking this matter to the correct body to have it dealt with.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User because entertainment is £7.99 and movies is £9.99. Simple maths given you have said you got billed £17.99 suggests that you were on two trials unless of course you made a mistake in your post. If you share the screen print hiding any codes folk might be able to figure out the issue. I am thinking that it didn't apply correctly and that you only did the trial. I would have expected you to have got the trial plus the month. Btw improve your language it is unseemly for a young lady.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Champion 1, firstly my language is driven from frustration caused by the lack of intelligence in live chat. I can do simple math and fully understand the sum but I have 2 passes both listed as 1 month free trial very clearly. At no point has a 14 day limit been printed/discussed or stated at all in the process so all I ask is someone of authority quite simply states why 1 month has become 14 days. If it’s so simple then an answer should of been given way before now. I have seen various complaints on this issue not resolved and if you have no authority to resolve the situation then please stay out of it as it’s none of your business.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User for info the name of the passes contains the word "month".  Trials are 14 days .  What you had was a voucher presumably one like this? https://www.game.co.uk/en/FIFA+18+with+Now+TV+1+Month+Entertainment+Pass-2086232?cm_vc=Prod_1   It should have given you an extra month ON TOP OF the free 14 day trial.  It would not have given you any extra for the cinema period.  If you have not already cancel the cinema pass so you don't get charged further. There was presumably a code on a card in the packing which arrived from GAME.  Did you keep it after applying it?  If you have either the code or proof of purchase then that will help the Now guys. @Karl-F is one of the forum managers @Graham-S  is on from the Now Team. He can look into your account and resolve this.  You can of course go on to chat with your confirmation of the product you purchased, however, unfortunately chat cannot see links .  I would recommend before you go on to chat, you type out the following on a word document or similar ready to copy and paste.  Your name and email.  Details of the issue. Quite how easily they will understand is a different matter.  

Legend 5
Legend 5

Clearly @Anonymous User you don't understand. Everyone can get a free trial of 14 days. You can then apply vouchers or codes on top of that to get months on top. In that case I would have expected the person to get 6 weeks in total assuming that they were a new customer. When folk get charged after two weeks, it's usually due to the voucher not applying correctly which is why it's recommended to take a screen print.