cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free cinema 14 day trial - but showing up as a £9.99 charge in my payments

I just clicked through from an email offering me a 14 day free trial of the cinema pass. The email has many, many buttons that say 'Start 14 day free trial'. In my account it still seemed to indicate I would get a free trial. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, but I didn't spot anything saying 'oh, you can't have this, we're going to charge you', but when I checked my payments, it looks like I've been charged £9.99 for a monthly pass, and that it will renew in 1 month's time.

How do I cancel this completely and make sure I have not been charged any money?

58 REPLIES 58
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hello just managed to set up my nowtv box, thought everything was working well, but when i click on anything to watch it, it always says "unavailable, please come back later, we are working on it".. any advice

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi everyone,

Please refer to the following 'yellow service announcement'': https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Issue-watching-NOW-TV-27-12-2016/m-p/412819#M37...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also been charged £9.99 for taking the 14 day free cinema trial just before Christmas when offered it free !!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm yet another customer who has been tricked by the apparently 'free trial', extremely misleading and a devious way to sell subscriptions.I've had a very frustrating time trying to deal with the truly terrible live chat option and the one thing I've learned is never, ever to trust this company again.Any future emails offering free trials will be immediately deleted, and if I want to subscribe to watch films I'll be choosing Netflix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too received this email stating that the 14 days were on Now TV only to be billed £9.99.

I sent an email on the 23rd, received a response telling me that the technicians were looking into it and was told to wait. I sent two other emails in the meantime and didn't have a response so went into the live chat to ask for my refund this evening. They wouldn't nor would the operator pass me onto a manager because 'they would only relay the same message'.

It has now been a week and things haven't progressed to my satisfaction. Therefore, it's time to go with the obvious route to speed things up.

My recommendation is to go to Trading Standards and file a complaint. 

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/

As you can see, the first point states that you can file a complaint if Now TV 'misled you into buying their products or services'. If the staff were on the ball, they would have acted quicker than this and not have their customers chase up money that was defrauded from them.

And I use the term 'defrauded' accurately. Even though they can claim the emails were sent in error, they still took our cash and were unwilling to refund them upon request in email and live chat. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Should also be pointed out that they are not allowed to refuse a request to speak to a manager.. a mistake that is often made by big companies. You would be amazed on how many companies rely on customers not knowing there rights and hoping they just give up the fight. True fact is that most companies don't know customers rights themselves, they seem to assume that their small prints are above the comsumer rights and laws in place.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This happened to me also but posted in other sub for promotions. So posting here to as to support that we all need a refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's only fair to report good news as well, so I'm posting again to let people know that I have just been using live chat to ask again about this issue and have received a refund (or at least I should be refunded within the next 3-5 days). I hope everyone else has the same success.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone from Now TV comment in this section?

It would be great to know what is being done about this. I see people are gettng refunds, yet I assume that - seeing as I am still waiting - many more are still in the dark as to what is going on here.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If I was you I'd pop onto live chat and explain what's happened, so that they definitely know you are one of those affected.

To get to live chat, go to the following help page and click the Start Live Chat button.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/How-to-cancel-NOW-TV