cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free cinema 14 day trial - but showing up as a £9.99 charge in my payments

I just clicked through from an email offering me a 14 day free trial of the cinema pass. The email has many, many buttons that say 'Start 14 day free trial'. In my account it still seemed to indicate I would get a free trial. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, but I didn't spot anything saying 'oh, you can't have this, we're going to charge you', but when I checked my payments, it looks like I've been charged £9.99 for a monthly pass, and that it will renew in 1 month's time.

How do I cancel this completely and make sure I have not been charged any money?

58 REPLIES 58
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't had anything back.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Actually...

I just checked my account details and there is a refund of  £9.99 showing, so I'd recommend everyone that has been affected to go check theirs and make sure if it's showing for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You must be one of the lucky one's @Anonymous User Ha!

Has anybody actually heard from the infamous NowTV Team on this thread yet? They seem to be keeping very quite...Hellooooo! LOL  Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have just checked and can see a refund in my account.

I had cancelled the cinema pass but it seems they still stuck with the mistaken month long pass (So I can watch for 17 more days) rather than the original free trial end date.

Cannot complain with that!

BB
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Awwwww!

I just checked my account again and nothing?

I'm feeling really left out now  Smiley Sad LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You are not alone! I've just emailed to chase my refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Shootz

Good things come to those who wait!

Maybe the refunds are running alphabetically.

😃

Good luck and I hope you get your refund.

Everyone who got fooled into taking out the "free trial" should, of course, be refunded.

BB
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just emailed on the same. Received a 'Yule love this' email and went through stating it was free 14 days and when first payment would be if I didn't cancel. Now see charge went through straight away without authorisation.
Not exactly the Xmas treat I thought they were sending loyal customers!! 'Yule love this'...not so much.
#fraudulent
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Whooo Hoooo I've eventually got my refund after nearly 4 weeks!

It did take 4 emails which 2 was never even replied to though?

I ended up opening another case in the Help Centre, which I got a reply the next day telling me I would get a refund within 5 days, it was put back in my bank account the following day.

Thanks everybody for your great advice Smiley Very Happy And "Boooooo" to the NowTv team, who never give one little shred of advice on this thread?