cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free cinema 14 day trial - but showing up as a £9.99 charge in my payments

I just clicked through from an email offering me a 14 day free trial of the cinema pass. The email has many, many buttons that say 'Start 14 day free trial'. In my account it still seemed to indicate I would get a free trial. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, but I didn't spot anything saying 'oh, you can't have this, we're going to charge you', but when I checked my payments, it looks like I've been charged £9.99 for a monthly pass, and that it will renew in 1 month's time.

How do I cancel this completely and make sure I have not been charged any money?

58 REPLIES 58
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

See my comment above. The live chat staff are inept.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hope you manage to get sorted one way or another!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Thank you!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found Live Chat worse than useless too.I've been trying to sort this out for a week now and going round in circles.I received two emails from Nowtv on the same day, one saying this issue had been recognised and a bulk refund would be paid to those affected, the other one claiming I'd set up another account and asking another pointless list of questions.I still haven't had a refund and it's not even about the money for me any more, it's about feeling ripped off.I sent yet another email back this morning, but if it isn't sorted this time I think I'll have to contact Trading Standards.

Good luck to everyone caught up in this mess, it's really stressful and extremely frustrating. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow what i mess! I dont understand why it is so hard to sort out really, they admitted the problem. Reminds me of all the issues ive reported in the past and the going round in circles is familular, some are still outstanding even now over a year later.

I do hope you and the rest get it sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here! Clicked on the link in the email for FREE 14 day cinema and got charged £9.99? I then sent them a email and got a reply the day after saying that they knew about the problem and they was waiting for their technical team to sort it out and they would contact me when it was sorted. Over a week now and nothing? I've replied to the email and still nothing? I've also tried the link in the email for the 14 day FREE trail again, and yes, it takes me to my log in page and then still offers me the 14 day FREE trial? Even though I've still got the original offer running (Cancelled of course). It just seems like nothing is being done, or they just don't care? Trading Standards is looking like a good call as the email was false advertising. Thank you Now TV for A lovely Christmas gift.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Out of interest, when you first registered back on the 11 Jan 2015 (two years ago), what NOW TV subscription(s) to you get?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @SeeMoreDigital

It was two years ago and I can't really remember? I think the NowTV box came with 3 months entertainment? The thing that Ps me off is that the "Yule love this - Get 14 days of Free Sky Cinema on us" email, was sent to registered users, and made it look like they was giving us 14 days Cinema for FREE.

Original email:

NowTV-Free-Cinema-Email.png

After Clicking "Start 14 day free trial" link and logging into my account:

NowTV-LoggedIn-Offer-Page.png

As you can see the link in the email is still active (6/01/2017), even though the cinema offer is still running in my account passes. And nothing to let us know that we are not allowed this offer? I clicked the start free trial button for the 14 days free Cinema, and was charged £9.99 right away and put on a Cinema month pass? How can this be legal?

Sorry for being a little long winded He!He!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finally, some good news.I received an email this morning saying a refund of £9.99 has been made and should be in my account within 3-5 days.I'm glad this issue has been resolved at last, but I certainly won't be taking up any free trial offers in future.Many thanks to everyone who posted here, I might have given up if I hadn't seen other people having the same problem and sharing their experiences.Good luck to anyone still trying to deal with this, I hope there's a positive result for you all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Happy to hear that amandatongue - still not heard anything myself yet 😞