cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Failed payments and now no subscription ?

Hi,

Bit confused about what to do.

I've recently done a bank account switch and I logged into my NOWTV account to check everything had been updated. It had. However a few days later I recented notice that "payment had failed but don't worry you can continue watching and we will try to take it again". I did a quick double check and yes everything appeared to be fine.

Today I received an e-mail stating "You NOWTV subscription hasn't been renewed" as you were still unable to take payment.

Checking again all my card details seem to be correct so I've no idea what to do now ?

Any ideas ? 

14 REPLIES 14
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Firstly I'm very sorry to hear the way the chat ended. Agents can't end the chat without warning so it's likely this was due to loosing connection or a system crash. 

There is an issue with subscriptions renewing now, as I'm sure you've been informed this is on our end and is being investigated. If a payment can't be taken the subscription will automatically cancel after a number of tries. You may find that if you go into your account and click buy pass this may kick start the subscription again. If this isn't successful we will be informing you by email once the issue has been resolved.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User NOW TV have identified an issue with taking payments with some Mastercards. Hopefully they can resolve the issue soon for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

3 days now with no "email resolution".

No services as the subscription ended through no fault of my own.

Very disappointed, after the hiccups we experienced when we first signed up died off its been such a great experience....but this, frustrating isn't the word.

My question now....
If I buy a "pass" am I safe from the danger of my previous subscription being resurrected somehow and paying twice ????
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User assuming they let you buy a new pass and it doesn't error, you'll be fine. The system has now stopped trying and has filed you as cancelled, it also can't do multiple passes of the same type on the same account. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the same problem. Tried Live Chat. Terminated before I'd even had a chance to send my question - not impressed with them! I've now sent an e-mail. Its as-if the encrytption algorithm they use to store the card number is not the same as the one they use to un-encrypt it. Probably a panic system change following the talk-talk hacking gone wrong.