cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Failed payments and now no subscription ?

Hi,

Bit confused about what to do.

I've recently done a bank account switch and I logged into my NOWTV account to check everything had been updated. It had. However a few days later I recented notice that "payment had failed but don't worry you can continue watching and we will try to take it again". I did a quick double check and yes everything appeared to be fine.

Today I received an e-mail stating "You NOWTV subscription hasn't been renewed" as you were still unable to take payment.

Checking again all my card details seem to be correct so I've no idea what to do now ?

Any ideas ? 

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Go to LIVE CHAT

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Change-Payment-Card and click on Contact Us - blue box bottom left

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just been on live chat....no luck there either.

It's been "escalated" - 24 to 48 hours wait for an e-mail reply 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User quick one, have you used your new card online anywhere else? I once had an issue where PayPal refused to let me buy anything, but then after I used my card on another website and got past the verify by visa set up, suddenly it all started working fine on PayPal.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah every other new DD and payments I made on holiday last week worked fine 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the question is have you paid online with your debit card, not direct debits or physical purchases. There is something around Verify by Visa / Mastercard Secure which can affect companies who don't use it when it's not been configured already.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh yes the "secure card" pop up has been set up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I'm currently on live chat and put through to the second line team.  They've advised that there's a problem with their card system.

It's not you...it's them.  I was told the cancellation e-mails were sent in error.

Still waiting to find out what they can do.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I really didn't like the response I received.

The agent ended the live chat really abruptly after I asked if there was a security issue with their card payments and mentioned the 16 year old hacking Talk Talk's system...

Richard: Can you try logging in again now?

Me:.Oh...why do I need to log in again?

Richard: I want to see if your Entertainment Pass is working?

Me: It's not. It's saying the same. That I don't have one.

Me: This whole thing is a bit off putting. Now TV have had an issue with their payment system, sent e-mails to customers intimating that the issue is on their side and the customer has to contact you through a drawn out process to get it rectified.

Richard: I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Please bear with us as we hope to have your problem resolved in the not too distant future.

Me: I worried at first thinking that the e-mails were a phishing attempt.

Me: Richard - it's not just me who has been inconvenienced. If it's your payment system then all your customers will be affected.

Me: Has the security of your payment system been compromised?.

Me: A 16 year old hacked Talk Talk's system, this is quite concerning.

Richard: Our technical team is currently investigating this problem, and we do hope to get the issue resolved quickly.

NOW TV will be in contact as soon as we have an update for you.

Richard: Thanks for getting in touch Gail and enjoy the rest of your day. Bye now 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User...............I'm experiencing similar problems as you and Furry with Nowtv saying they were unable to take  payments.

Over the last four or five days, I've had  a number of different but equally useless Live Chats with the NowTv agents informing them there's nothing wrong my end.  

Today I discover my Nowtv account has now been kicked into touch and I can't watch any movies, so I went back onto the Live chat to once again get an answer and resolve the problem.

I eventually asked how and who I could make a complaint to.  

Without the issue being resolved or being given a suitable way of making a compaint,  the NowTv agent ended the chat without a bye or leave. 

Not being impressed with NowTV is putting it midly.