cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device limit and phantom devices

I am setting up my six year old daughters Christmas present and I find my XBox One X is listed twice in devices and even after removing it I cannot add the new device until 1 st january.  If you want my daughter to keep interest in Now TV kids then it needs to be on her tablet on christmas day, please point me in the right direction to get this bug resolved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

There seems to be a device glitch where various Xbox owners have reported the same thing over the last few weeks.

Jump over to live chat and ask them to reset all your devices on your account, that should then sort it out.

Link here to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

There seems to be a device glitch where various Xbox owners have reported the same thing over the last few weeks.

Jump over to live chat and ask them to reset all your devices on your account, that should then sort it out.

Link here to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live chat is unavailable all of the time so it looks like Now TV kids won't be on her tablet even though I have two device slots free.

I'll look for an alternative streaming service for christmas day and decide if a service I can't use is worth paying for.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Live chat seems to be working for me, perhaps try a different Internet browser making sure the ad blocker is disabled.

If that doesn't work, try your Internet browser either incognito mode or use it in a private window when using my previous posted link.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I managed to get through to live chat and they have removed the lock out.  I am unable to test the tablet until my daughter goes to sleep tonight.

I know for a fact that I haven't added my xbox a second time this month, and not sure why a single device would use up two slots, fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

Thanks for the help and have a merry christmas

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV kids installed and set up ready for the morning.

Thank you so much and have a great christmas everyone

Ray

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps

Hi N0AHG

Just to let you know, some devices and software players are duplicated whenever they get a software update, that's why you can have devices registered twice when you've only put them in once.

However, Now TV and Roku boxes and sticks do not suffer from this duplication problem.

May I suggest that whenever this duplication problem reoccurs that you immediately get onto live chat and get them to delete the phantom device and reset your device limit.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

That would make sense as there was a OS update on the XBox One earlier this month.  Annoying if we have to check every time there is an OS update... doesn't this again show that the registered devices limit and restriction of adding one device per month causes issues and just a limit on concurrent streaming devices should be used?  But I suppose Sky has always been draconian 😕

Cheers

Ray